Today's Funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
" . . . how much thicker the earth's crust has gotten . . . "

years ago, as we were house hunting in this area . . . splendid property - 5 acres, nice house, attractive price, good condition, well water and on site septic.
located adjoining a superfund site....
ah,,, no thanks.....

the local landfill (a different site) is a mountain - grown 200 feet+ since we moved here. it accepts "solid waste" from four states. has out grown its capacity - permission to expand needed from three counties . . . "permissions" recently refused. meaning it will have to shut down in the not too distant future.

which is a good/bad thing.
- our trash collection rates will go up - as there's no other local sites ,,,
- when shut down, any and most/all monitoring of the site will cease/decline/go reduced . . . so no "early warning" will happen.

on the good side , , ,
uhmmm, not much to mention - except for the hyper-activists who think shutting down all waste disposal sites will mystically result in no waste generation.
waste disposal will simply shift to secret off-the-grid-unregulated sites - with all the usual unwanted side effects of denying the problem.

Sis used to use her cane all the time for grabbing things, and she wasn't that short (about 5'10"). I often see people having trouble figuring out how to get things, and I ask if they want be to get them one (or more than one!) of something. I'm 6'6", so not too many things out of reach in most stores, except maybe Home Depot, and similar places.

Short gals are often good climbers. Anyone else ever climb the shelves at the supermarket to get something from a high shelf?
I've used Mom's cane, which has become my cane, when my hip was acting up. I would carefully inch the product forward until it got close enough to grab - about 4" from the edge. If it was a 2-liter bottle of pop, though, I'd just tip it gently and catch the neck. Himself wasn't opening it up right away, so no worry of a geyser!

Knock on wood, hip has been OK for quite a while. Now I have to look for tall people and ask for help.

I haven't had anywhere near as many issues with USPS delivery as I have had with FedEx. Sometimes trying to find their drop spot is like a scavenger hunt.

We started ordering from a MA coffee roaster when we lived in MA. They were about 100 miles from our house. Took two days from when I would order in the wee hours (about 2 or 3 AM) and when I received the coffee. When we moved back to OH, I figured it would take longer for delivery. Nope, at least not this first time. Got the coffee two days after ordering. Not too shabby!

Well, I certainly have taxy! LOL but now more often than not I'll snag a young TALL body to do the acrobatics. If there's no one tall handy often they are shorter than I but at least they have the wherewithall to fetch a rolling ladder! :mrgreen:

1709809823780.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom