What did you eat at your wedding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL more like happy and exhausted. That picture was taken on a flat bottom boat ride. Darl passed out hard on my shoulder. She woke up a short while after that though in time to stuff ourselves with dinner :)

We were married about 39 yrs. ago in a lawyer's office. After the cermony, we went to a diner and had a cheese omlet.

James and I had a small wedding after work (6:00) at a little chapel, and no reception. A few close friends were at the wedding (my daughter Nancy was there via a phone on the altar!). We hadn't thought we would be able to go anywhere for a honeymoon, but the day of our wedding a few people gave us money as a gift, so we went to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. On our way, we had dinner with 3 of our friends at a Mexican restaurant. My friend had made us a cake, so we had some there and brought the rest with us to Myrtle Beach. That was 3 years ago next month (the 21st).

:) Barbara

We had a simple buffet. Fried Chicken, Cabbage Rolls, Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut, Corn, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy.

Later, we had Krakus Ham sandwiches.

Last edited:
Barbara L said:
... That was 3 years ago next month (the 21st) ...

Happy early anniversay Barbara! Our 2nd will be on the 20th - very good time to get married if you ask me :) .

Our favorite chef in Bandon (Oregon) was closing her restaurant and we were so sad since we were hoping she would cater for our small group (only about 40 people). After a few trips down though, we were able to talk her into one more gig for us. After a starter of her awesome tomato basil soup (I passed on this one since I thougt the lovely red might not go well with my dress!), she made 3 different dishes for people to choose from: salmon with a lemon caper sauce, roasted pork loin with a berry chutney and a pasta tossed with spinach, cranberries and pine nuts. It was truely wonderful (and for those of you who are familiar with the Oregon coast in the spring - we lucked out and had a sunny day. Great pictures on the beach)!

My dh and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary this year-we had a small cocktail reception that included mini beef Wellingtons, shrimp, quiche, salad, chicken rolls and plenty of champagne and drink! I remember it like it was yesterday...

I think this is what we had...:ermm:

fish maw soup
cold appetizer plate: shrimp, ham, jelly fish, char sui pork
lobster w/ noodles & ginger
fried rice
walnut prawns
steamed fish
sea cucumber
crispy chicken
peking pork
crab ball
wedding cake: pandan cake w/ fresh coconut filling topped w/ berries:ROFLMAO:

This has ben a fun topic to read.

Mrs. Big Dog and I had an afternoon wedding as well, so no main meal. Her mom went cookie and finger food happy, and pretty much made everything.

We had a small wedding, 3 a piece in the party with maybe 100 in attendance or so. Was fortunate because cost was unbelievably low. Building, cleanup, and pastor were no charge. Church was decorated for Christmas anyways, so we just blended a few extras with what was already there. Not that I think about it, nothing, not even her dress, the flowers, or the photographer cost over $750.00 USD.I bet our whole wedding was less than $2500.00 USD. We didn't pay for any food, but if you figure the ingredients in, no more then $3000.00 USD.

We had a wonderful cake that only cost the ingredients to make it. A guy at church baked for a hobby, and that was his present to us, the cake. I did "force" him to take a gratuity, after I learned that he spent 26 hours assembling the cake!

We aren't at that church any more for a number of reasons. Sad, since we were married there, but life goes on.

Alas, that was some 7 years and 84 days ago.

We had 15 barbequed brisket, 35 lbs sausage,55 lbs potato salad and 25 lbs
of beans.
Brides 3 tier cake and grooms ball and chain. It was a nice reception. 250 invites.

orange soda.... after a 2 year engagement, we found out we were expecting, so we eloped, then had a reception back home a week later. I had awful morning sickness. We have pics of me sipping soda and making yucky faces at the sight of my wedding cake. :sick:

pdswife

My marriage was just like pdswife..... almost exactly! As for food... lots of finger foods... it was good and too much champange! Whoo hoo!!!!!!! Still married today (12 years!)

I got married in Hawaii, and we had the wedding itself on the beach while staying some very basic cabins. We all went down to the beach for the ceremony, then came back up to the cabins and changed into swimsuits. My girlfriends and I made a specific kind of omlette (I guess more like a cross between a fritata and a pizza) that features Portuguese sausage, drank copious amounts of champagne and did lots of swimming. Then we all changed back into our finery and went up to a club for Puupuus (appetizers), drinks, gifts, reception with my husband's work associates. It still lingers in the minds of everyone who was there (only a few) as a very happy day. A couple who worked with my husband acted in local parentis (excuse my spelling, latin isn't my forte), ordering all the flowers, getting the food in order for the reception, etc, so that when our parents showed up it was a perfect Hawaiian holiday for them as well. Hubby and I went back to our house that night with his parents, and left the honeymoon cottage for my parents. They were thrilled, because Dad had promised Mom a honeymoon in Hawaii many years before. Hubby and I flew off to Maui after we got both sets of parents on planes and home. The reception food was typical Hawaiian puupuu fare: skewers of meat and pineapple, lots of fruit, etc. There may have even been some spam in there.

Sounds like a dream Roy- congratulations on having it go without a hitch- never been to Hawaii but will go someday

Lived there off & on for ten years, and still have many friends there. Happy memories; good times.

the clamps were riveted on, then spot welded just to be sure, on mount equinox in manchester vermont a few years ago when we eloped.
then the skies darkened, and an ill wind blew through the town.
(j/k - thank god she doesn't go online often, lol)

we had oysters and a cold lobster appy, brie en croute with champagne grapes, then a rack of lamb and prime rib, and creme brulee for dessert.

We got married on a beautiful point at Rend Lake. The preacher wrote a special service just for us. At the shelter there, we had wedding cake and Kim's Fever Water...don't remember what else.

It's been 26 years since I got married to my high school sweetheart. We got married on Feb here in upstate New York and my parents were praying it wouldn't snow-which it didn't- we had a rather elegant reception but,to be quite honest the only thing I remember being served was prime rib- I know there were 2 other choices- I just don't remember., I remember the cocktail hour being a lot of fun even though I was alittle upset that my hubby's grandfather had to be hospitalized for in a diabetic coma due to over indulging in the pastries at the rehearsel dinner.Anyway after 26 years and 3 kids we have cooked, baked and grilled alot of good stuff and continue to do so for a whole lot longer!!!!

Feeling quite dreamy eyed reading all these!Oh what did we eat? Cake and champagne!I may have to ask the guests at our wedding what else they got served. I remember a soup of some sort actually! Mark and I left just as my father-in-law was dancing holding an umbrella in the rain. It had just started to rain.Evening do was at a friends restaurant, and I remember only those with invitiation cards were allowed in, but this girl I knew in high school walked up to me and said, 'wow, the doorman let me in easy, well I only gave him 200 kenyan shillings' I hadn't seen her since I was 16! I rememeber eating a spanish omlette the following day for brekkie at our bridal suite before we left on our honeymoon to Mount Kenya safari club!

Back
Top Bottom