What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Ross. Over here we say soft or hard, which would mean runny or set. I am having boiled egg on toast this morning. The consistency of the egg is just right, yolk still soft, but not runny, and white white. It’s not always easy to get it right.

Gillian

I think that 'soft or hard' sums it up.. :)
I've not boiled many eggs, other than hard boiled for those dishes which need a hard boiled egg..
I think I have to practice 'soft' boil as what you describe is exactly as I like my eggs.. :yum:

Ross

Our new year’s morning breakfast.
Scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, and mimosas! IMG_0332.jpg

I am on a breakfast soup kick right now. I made a vegan hot and sour soup this morning, plan on miso mushroom for tomorrow. I do go dirtyvegan and add a poached egg every now and again. I make enough to share with a friend who is vegan. He buys the main ingredients, I cook and he picks up 2x a week and pays me. Works for me.

I've been trying my poached egg on top of anything I can find in the fridge.
Ham with a cheesy bechamel sauce,
leftover taco meat with most of the trimmings (that was good),
slight drizzle of truffle oil on the toast under (think this is my favourite so far),
chorizo and mushrooms on toast,
creamed mushrooms,
various breads, rye, oat, potato, english muffin, croissant,
and of course sometimes bacon with various of the above.

Have savoured each and every one - hmmm... with the exception of the one where unbeknownst to me, the yolk was broken underneath and ergo got a bit too well done. So not perfect but ok.
How on earth did I managed to break the yolk! :ermm: :LOL:

Yesterday had the most delightful buttermilk pancakes from a Canadian Living recipe.... topped with an egg I did on the griddle along with the last pancakes.

I used some very fatty bacon to grease the griddle with - worked like a charm. Yummm .. :chef:

We had sötgröt ( sweet porridge) it is made with oatmeal finely ground, milk, butter and sugar and served that with ham toasties.

Buffalo chicken atop a pizza made with garlic naan crust.
My current go-to for breakfast is a pizza too, but with more tradional breakfast toppings. A little Kewpie mayo on my homemade flatbread (it’s very similar to naan, but it stays soft), layered with a mild cheese, like mozzarella or Monterey Jack, topped with whatever protein I’m using (I love smoked salmon), then scrambled egg, and another layer of cheese. Into the pre-heated broiler, and don’t take your eyes off of it! Sorry I don’t have a pic, my brain isn’t usually functioning well enough before breakfast to think about photos!

Saw this idea on Pinterest I think:

View attachment 29181

A Pillsbury Grands biscuit dough disc on the waffle iron,
then dipped in melted chocolate --- bacon on the side makes
everything better, but NOT this :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
Don't try this at home!

Yeah. All that sweetness in the morning just turns me off. Between the carbs of the biscuit and the sugar in the chocolate is a diabetic's nightmare.

Finishing off my breakfast of one wheat biscuit - I think that's what you call it in America - followed by toast with microwaved tomato on it and finished off with a cup of peppermint tea. Now I have to cook my husband's breakfast - fried sausages, bacon, potato bread and mushrooms.

Gillian

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom