What is your favorite mouthwash?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1672520607421.jpeg

I don’t bother with mouthwash, I prefer social distancing. ?

Most mouthwash has alcohol in it. According to my previous dentist (he retired), using alcohol based mouthwash every day can increase your risk of cancer in your mouth, just like drinking alcohol every day can.

Most mouthwash has alcohol in it. According to my previous dentist (he retired), using alcohol based mouthwash every day can increase your risk of cancer in your mouth, just like drinking alcohol every day can.
will it be good without alcohol?

They do sell mouthwash without alcohol. They work, maybe not as well, but better than nothing. Something to keep in mind that bad breath could be as a a result of man issues including, but not limited to: Dental infections, dental cavities harboring food and bacteria, Poorly cleaned dental prostheses, GI issues, Liver and kidney issues, Side effects of certain medications which may cause dry mouth , large tonsils .... So if just being used to ' freshen up and kill some surface bacteria, thats great. But always keep in mind there may be other underlying issues.

There are many that make unrealistic claims ( whitening, %99 plaque removal , Kills %99 bacteria...). Can't and shouldn't rely on a mouthwash to do all the work. Need good oral hygiene in addition to regular dental visits to stay on top of things and in some cases, catch things while they are small.

I personally use Listerine, but not on a daily basis. I also, when using it, dilute it with water. For me its too strong and burns.

I got some Biotene - a dry mouth mouthwash - on a dentist's recommendation, as my mouth is chronically dry, and I guess it was obvious, even though not at the time. No alcohol, and it works ok, though not a cure-all, by any means.

the alcohol in mouthwash can also dry out your mouth which leads to more cavities. bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom