What's cooking TGIFriday July 17, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as little as possible! First of all, it's Friday, and historically, I don't like to cook on Friday evening. Then, to top it off, it is HHH today -- hazy, hot and humid.

I am not above stopping off at Whole Foods and bringing home prepared food! Either that or go out. Not turning on the stove tonight.:wacko:

I live in an area that reliably has HHH for July and August, but none has appeared yet, quite unusual......but not only that.....I am prepping to make a SOUP on Sunday.......imagine eating soup in July:wacko:

we are having highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's with relative humidity around 40%

I'm cooking goulash with yummy smoked sausage. Also trying out a potato au gratin recipe. (I know they don't really go together, but oh well!)
if you think it goes than it does!! you are the one that is eating it!! enjoy

I live in an area that reliably has HHH for July and August, but none has appeared yet, quite unusual......but not only that.....I am prepping to make a SOUP on Sunday.......imagine eating soup in July:wacko:

we are having highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's with relative humidity around 40%
i was in ohio on july 4th and it was lovely!! btw i make soup any time of the year no matter how hot or cold it is. i love soup!! if it's hot out i make it during the night for the next day.

i was in ohio on july 4th and it was lovely!! btw i make soup any time of the year no matter how hot or cold it is. i love soup!! if it's hot out i make it during the night for the next day.

I love soups and make a lot of them, but usually only in the fall, winter and spring.

Yes, Ohio has had lovely weather recently....a real blessing the three times we have gotten in hay. Usually we nearly die in the heat and humidity, but this year has been wonderful weather to be slinging hay bales..

I love soups and make a lot of them, but usually only in the fall, winter and spring.

Yes, Ohio has had lovely weather recently....a real blessing the three times we have gotten in hay. Usually we nearly die in the heat and humidity, but this year has been wonderful weather to be slinging hay bales..
i will need some bales and corn stalks for fall/halloween HINT HINT :LOL:

img_836528_0_ad274a02e89273018a08ae0fc8d833bf.jpg

Katie E. My hopes are still with you. Home style porkchops? noodles? tossed salad? I'm there, and will happily mow your grass if needed.

I loves me some good pork, and the salad would just send me. I will work for you since Beth and Msmofet have not offered me as much...

I will in keeping with this thread, offer you a perfectly grilled strip steak, with grilled veggies (potatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms) that will knock your socks off.

Just tell me the where and when!

Bob

Katie E. My hopes are still with you. Home style porkchops? noodles? tossed salad? I'm there, and will happily mow your grass if needed.

I loves me some good pork, and the salad would just send me. I will work for you since Beth and Msmofet have not offered me as much...

I will in keeping with this thread, offer you a perfectly grilled strip steak, with grilled veggies (potatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms) that will knock your socks off.

Just tell me the where and when!

Bob
oh baby!! my fav meal is a grilled NY strip steak (medium)!! i don't need to offer come on over and bring a dish and a bottle of white zin with you!!

oh baby!! my fav meal is a grilled NY strip steak (medium)!! i don't need to offer come on over and bring a dish and a bottle of white zin with you!!

Okay, I can go there. But you do have to have a rather nice menu. Since I offered strip steak, grilled veggies, and salad, you need to an outstanding desert menu.

Bob

as little as possible! First of all, it's Friday, and historically, I don't like to cook on Friday evening. Then, to top it off, it is HHH today -- hazy, hot and humid.

I am not above stopping off at Whole Foods and bringing home prepared food! Either that or go out. Not turning on the stove tonight.:wacko:

That may be cheating (a little bit), but I like how you think :)

Bob

Fried Catfish, fries, fresh green beans. Along with and followed by a few Mojitos. TGIF!

Liz

I'm cooking up a chicken and rice dish with some thighs I'm defrosting and a Goya rice mix which I'll doctor up with add-ins.

Not a thing here...We are going to see the grand kids in a play that I made fancy masks for, so dinner will be out and so far we are not sure where or what.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom