What's For Dessert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, Ross. Now you have to make the recipe and post a picture to prove you did it.

I am going to.. :ohmy:

The embarrassing thing is, I have 2 dessert folders.. The main one is "desserts for two" which I use frequently and the other is "sweets" which I look into less often..

This recipe is for an 8X8 pan and I mostly make desserts for two so, when I saw your post, I didn't think to look in the "sweets" folder..

I need to change my methods.. :rolleyes:

Ross

I made these cute little tarts from Chef John for my master gardener group's student graduation last night. I used sweetened cream cheese with lemon juice and Penzeys Pie Spice for the filling.
0402191743.jpg

OK, Ross. Now you have to make the recipe and post a picture to prove you did it.

Did and done.. ;)

Store had no Macintosh so I bought Honeycrips..
Baked product is delicious.. :yum:

Ross

Attachments

• Apple Squares 1.jpg
    Apple Squares 1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Apple Squares 2.jpg
    Apple Squares 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 172
Only thing with this recipe though Ross,
we didn't finish it straight away-it sat in
a Tupperware for something like 3-4 days
and got too moist. Two pieces were sacrificed :wacko:

um... The first one I made only lasted until breakfast the following morning.. :pig:

That's why I haven't made another until this coming week.. :angel:

Ross

It has been so hot & so humid the majority
of the time that we've been back home,
that Shave Ice just seemed to be in order.

waiola shave ice.jpg

waiola shave ice-1.jpg

waiola shave ice-2.jpg

We went to the #1 rated joint here on Oahu
(Shave Ice is big business here)
and I beg to differ!
This place's got nothin' on my favorite
place out on the North Shore!

Fruit Pizza:

Made this with my granddaughters and they loved it.
1 package raw pizza dough, thawed from frozen. Spread onto pizza pan. Top with cheesecake flavored sauce, and sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, and small chunks of pineapple. Bake in 400 degree oven for twenty minutes, ore until crust is done.

Sauce is made by whisking together softened cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla, and sugar. Enjoy.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
For our wedding anniversary i usually prepare te cake called "Tiramisu".
It is a little heavy but very good.
Made with savoiardi biscuits soused in the coffe and placed in a rectangular bowl.
Three layer biscuits and between a layer an the other i put a cream made with yolk egg beated with sugar an adding mascarpone cheese. I stir well. Than i add white egg whiped up an i stir from the bottom to the superior part of the cream in order not to ruin the cream.(not to stir in round)
Over the cream i put cocoa each layer .
Then i put the cake in the fridge.
My son in law always take home the leftover.

Made with savoiardi biscuits soused in the coffe and placed in a rectangular bowl.
Three layer biscuits and between a layer an the other i put a cream made with yolk egg beated with sugar an adding mascarpone cheese. I stir well. Than i add white egg whiped up an i stir from the bottom to the superior part of the cream in order not to ruin the cream.(not to stir in round)

This sounds simple and wonderful.. :)

I usually have this as a treat when dining in an Italian restaurant.. :yum:

When I make it at home, for some reason, it becomes a chore..

Ross

It sounds delicious. But my concern is that the eggs are not cooked. In this country salmonella is a major concern in our food. And eggs are one of the major foods for it.

...In this country salmonella is a major concern in our food. And eggs are one of the major foods for it.
Actually, salmonella shows up in one out of every 20,000 eggs. And with as quickly as recalls are being made on any tainted food, the chances of getting a bad egg are much smaller than the chance of your take-out meal being contaminated by some sick food service worker.

Salmonella: The Risks And Tips To Avoid Getting Poisoned

Actually, salmonella shows up in one out of every 20,000 eggs. And with as quickly as recalls are being made on any tainted food, the chances of getting a bad egg are much smaller than the chance of your take-out meal being contaminated by some sick food service worker.

Salmonella: The Risks And Tips To Avoid Getting Poisoned

I don't know which poultry farm our eggs here in Mass. comes from, but if I ever hear they are from Tyson Poultry Farm, I just may give up eggs forever. They have been sited so often by the Federal Government for unclean practices and conditions of cruelty, that I won't even buy a chicken wing from them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom