What's for Dinner Friday January 9th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heading to RI tonight so may just catch a late dinner of Italian food on Federal Hill.

Its okay L2C, I just thought you were making two!

Well, we just had our lunch and it got changed because DH got called in an hour early to work and wasn't able to pick up the kettle chips for the chicken.

We had salsibury steak (again!) with peas and mushroom gravy.

i have two choices. made a modified shepards pie. used turkey and steamed carrots , asparagus,and corn. and turkey gravey . mixed i all up. made mashed potatoes for the top dotted with butter. put in tiny bit poultry seasoning. i made it mostly for my son and his family and use up turkey i had frozen. took out my portion already.
or
rib eye steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus (fresh)maybe a salad.

which one would you pick?

I usually do the grocery Friday night but am going to put it off until tomorrow so I had to come up with something for dinner.......guess it will be albondingas soup.

Friday night we go out for burgers & fries at the bar. DH will be out of town this weekend so I'll probably make a quiche tomorrow morning.

i have two choices. made a modified shepards pie. used turkey and steamed carrots , asparagus,and corn. and turkey gravey . mixed i all up. made mashed potatoes for the top dotted with butter. put in tiny bit poultry seasoning. i made it mostly for my son and his family and use up turkey i had frozen. took out my portion already.
or
rib eye steak, mashed potatoes and asparagus (fresh)maybe a salad.

which one would you pick?

I'd pick the steak. :)

Here is my version of albondingas......probably not very authentic but tasty.

img_767557_0_6cc5c6851ea072d23a26229a13f15d41.jpg

We had Szeged Goulash over egg noodles and Musroom/Onion/Garlic soup made with the beef broth used to tenderize the meat for the goulash.

Tonight I have three pounds of chicken marinating for Tandoori Chicken. The marinade all alone was yummy (let the dh lick the spoon!) so I have high hopes. It's my first try so wish me luck.

Nick is having a big fight with them over the phone.. they completely messed up our order.

In those situations, if the food has to go back or new delivered, I go with a refund and get it elsewhere! One never knows, uh, what they will put in it to get back at you!!:wacko:
Ever seen the movie 'waiting'???:sick:

beef patties, mashed taters and corn. I had to go have lab work done at the hospital and bank , so I'm home later that usual. Comfort food, and it's fast

I sauteed some chicken breasts and used Canadian Chicken Seasoning that I bought at Sam's Club - very yummy and made a nice crust! Also boiled some tiny potatoes, then sauteed them in some butter, seasoned with ground salt/pepper..very good. Green salad. I think I would have preferred eating at Trish's house, though. Or Babes...or Vera's (always).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom