What's for dinner March 11, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
The lowly but delicious BLT.
20230311_181500.jpg

Did a quick and easy Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry served over that ever present steamed White Rice.
2 B/S Chicken Thighs, sliced very thinly
+/- 1/2 cup each : Sweet White Onion, Carrots, Sweet Red Bell Peppers
1 package of Snow Peas
and a twist on my usual "Stir Fry Sauce" - I used only half the amount of regular Soy Sauce and half Dark Soy - That made a wonderful sauce!
I have another serving leftover for my Mom.

Tonight for supper I made a salad of three kinds of lettuce: oak leaf, curly, and Boston. I chopped up a bit of red cabbage and some radishes. I shaved some red onion; sliced a couple of stalks of celery; and chopped up some radishes. Then, I added a couple of handfuls of haskap berries and a handful of frozen corn (maize) kernels. Served it with blue cheese dressing.

I served some store bought three cheese tortellini with already cooked Italian sausage cut into coins and made a garlic-anchovy-white wine-cream sauce to go with the tortellini. That was a tasty supper.

Attachments

• Three cheese tortellini, with a garlic-anchovy-cream sauce with Italian 2.jpg
    Three cheese tortellini, with a garlic-anchovy-cream sauce with Italian 2.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 6
  • Three cheese tortellini, with a garlic-anchovy-cream sauce with Italian.jpg
    Three cheese tortellini, with a garlic-anchovy-cream sauce with Italian.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 5
Himself walked into the kitchen for supper, looked at the counter, and asked "is it Thanksgiving?" I did do another big "planning for leftovers" meal again. ;) We had pork roast with potatoes in the roasting pan (so! good! :yum:), roasted beets, roasted butternut squash, and Brussels sprouts with bacon and mushrooms. LOTS of leftovers.
20230311_214641.jpg

Wow... everyone seems to have outdone themselves - and obviously from the number of likes on the lonely but delicious BLT it is a favourite of all!

I'd bought a pretty piece of salmon tail which I baked on foil with just a tad of Shichimi Togarashi (have to run and look up that name each time) and a vegie stir fry beside it.
20230311_175020.jpg
20230311_175114.jpg

was great - I've been off salmon for a bit so am glad it was so yummy, I missed it. Think I'll be looking for some catfish this week.

That salmon looks delicious!
About catfish--here in central Texas every stock pond, stream and river is teeming with catfish. But, at the grocery, catfish is $3.95 a pound! I guess the price reflects the cleaning involved. Since the catfish is "farm raised" catching them is no problem.
Our stock pond is full of catfish, so you could call them "farm raised."

That tail come out perfect at 400 for about 20 minutes in the toaster oven! Think I was off salmon for a while as I didn't cook the last piece I had - was a bit undercook for me. Maybe not for others but enough to make my tummy say - don't swallow! :-p Have I ever mentioned I cannot abide ceviche?

Not sure what the current price of catfish is here, will let you know, but I can almost guarantee it is more than $3.95 a pound.

Back
Top Bottom