What's for Dinner Saturday April 9th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geez, Road, everything is on sale by you now :LOL:

This is one of my worst times of year, Andy, I don't like baseball :(
Although I really should train my dogs to be more useful.

Well I did put together a shopping list, and then I went and shoveled some dirt, so it's not like I didn't do anything, but those brats aren't getting bought until tomorrow, when I can hit wally world early.
I did have a big lunch, so maybe I'll use up the leftover alfredo sauce and spinach from last night and serve it over toast tonight. I don't see me getting hungry until six hours from now anyway.

Well, enjoy the brats tomorrow.

I actually like cold leftover grilled brats out of the fridge better than hot off the grill. I know, weird.

I've got a taste for grilled Johnsonville brats, but that would involve a trip to the store, and that would involve making a shopping list so as not to waste the trip, and that would involve taking a quick inventory, and that would involve getting my butt up off the couch... everything is so involved...
I had no clue what to make, and I don't have any brats either (wish I did), but you did give me an idea of what to fix for supper tonight. :cool: James found Hillshire Farm Turkey Polska Kielbasa on sale for $2.10 the other night. I've never tried the turkey version, but it looks like we will be having that tonight. I think I will cook it with sauerkraut and serve it with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. :cool:

As usual, its a revolving door around here. Got one extra for dinner tonight. We aren't going out to eat *sob* so I'll have to cook. Got some pork tenderloin thawing that I will brine and throw on the grill. I can't decide what starch to make...likely I'll just toss some potatoes on the grill with the tenderloin. Add a salad and call it done.

Well, enjoy the brats tomorrow.

I actually like cold leftover grilled brats out of the fridge better than hot off the grill. I know, weird.

No kidding? Same here. I've always preferred cold (cooked) sausage right out of the fridge. I cook the whole pack just for that purpose :)

hot sandwich with spicy peppers, roast beef, and provolone cheese. trying not to have dessert around. yeah, i know, good luck with that, huh! but i can try. going to fry up some ground beef and freeze. didn't make into a meat loaf last night.

White Pasta Fagioli (Italian sweet sausage out of casing, elbow pasta, chopped fresh parsley, grated garlic, cannellini beans, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes olive oil and grapeseed oil) topped with fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and mixed salad (Red & green butter lettuce, red onion, mushroom cap, vine tomato, shredded green cabbage, peeled carrot, black & green olives) dressed with homemade dressing (EVOO, flax seed oil, lemon juice, fresh minced garlic, fresh chopped herbs (oregano, basil & parsley), ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, dry oregano and ground red pepper flakes).

img_988780_0_b9a6a81b043b7ad74bcf6c35e0050105.jpg

Lookin' Good as always, Ms M!

It looks like the meatballs are going to be hamburgers for tonight. Probably french fries for the guys and raw veggies for me

Tell me about it! Now I remember why I don't go shopping on Saturdays between 11 AM and 6 PM.

Oh... we are having leftover fried haddock, mac-n-cheese, green beans, and salad.

Where do you buy haddock in SOMD?

Lookin' Good as always, Ms M!

It looks like the meatballs are going to be hamburgers for tonight. Probably french fries for the guys and raw veggies for me

We decided today was a good day to clean out our bedroom as the clutter was getting to my claustrophobia and the dust was getting to my asthma. It seems this room has become the "garage" where everything gets dumped and Dad's cleaning ladies don't do it.

So, I was tired AND not feeling like eating so Dad and I had beef vegetable soup and DH made himself a double cheeseburger.

At least I will sleep well tonight....on so many levels! :cool:

Tonight I made some grilled cheese (Kraft cheddar singles) on fresh baked bread and a can of Campbells tomato soup.

I went out produce shopping and while I was prepping for the fridge and freezer I added a handful of each to a pot on the stove. I blanched some green beans and used that liquid as a soup stock, tossed in some frozen Basil and Italian parsley (whole), frozen asparagus, frozen red peppers, dried shiitake, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper, green beans and carrots. Cooked until tender, added a handful or orzo. Garnished with parmesan and straw mushrooms. It's quite good.

Last edited:
we went to a fondly remembered restaurant in my old hometown today. we should have left things in the past. :(

the food was just ok; not as good as i'd remembered. and the prices were far too high for a glorified pizza joint.

but that wasn't the bad part.

first, the waiter gave us the check of the table next to us. it was half as much as i'd expected. being honest, i pointed it out to the waiter after waiting forever for him to return. i should have just paid it and left, saving $40 or so. at least the waiter could have thanked us for the honesty.

but no. after another long wait, we got the correct check, but this time they charged us $10 too much for sides that were supposed to come with our meals. we asked about the sides when we ordered, but the story changed when the bill came. so i just handed the waiter a credit card because we we well finished with our meals and wanted to leave.

after another eternity, the waiter delivered the credit slip to sign that was another $5 higher! wtf!

we weren't about to wait again, so the tip went down from the usual 15 to 20 %, ending up around 9% (of what total i'm not sure now), and we won't be back. ever.

i'd rather keep my good memories of the place, of good times with old friends.

Back
Top Bottom