What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw "Parasites". Anybody here care to explain to me why it won The Best Picture? It was not bad, not at all. But Best Picture? For what?

Who watched the Academy Awards last night?
I was very surprised by some of the winners, like how well Parasite did. Personally, I have no desire to see a depressing movie that's subtitled. How strange there was so little talk about it even being a serious contender for best picture. :wacko:
Has anyone here seen it?

You were right.

The latest documentary I saw was Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken which you can now see for free from Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSyicDf9UvI

This time we look at Morgan Spurlock and his attempt to create a new fast food chain. I thought this was nicely done from start to finish of his new fast food joint creation.

I thought Morgan did a great job in design of the Holy Chicken place although I would say he went a bit too much on text in places in the final design.

If you want to see a feel good documentary on Ted Slauson who just loved to watch the classic game show "The Price is Right" This documentary you can see for free from Youtube is just for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdFKZtZop7A

The documentary goes over Ted and all his trips to the show. Finally getting on the show and not doing super great. He fully loved Holly...

The documentary does include a bunch of comments from Bob Barker.

At the end of the documentary they get into the perfect bid controversy.

I liked this more than I thought I would.

We watched, on Netflix,

ZZ Top: That Little Ol' Band from Texas
2019 ‧ Music/Documentary ‧ 1h 31m

Candid interviews, never-before-seen archive footage and celebrity fan testimonials provide insight into the history of ZZ Top -- the Southern rock 'n' roll-blues band featuring Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard.

I always liked what I heard of them but, never really got into them..

This documentary, makes me wish I had played closer attention..

Ross

We watched an oldie (1994), "Little Big League", tonight. The total movie is pure fabrication, but the most unbelievable part isn't that the manager is 12 years old. [emoji38] No, it's the plot line that has the Twins in the wild card playoff game after sweeping the Indians in the final series of the season. 1994 was a strike shortened season, my Tribe would have been the wild card team, and the Twins could only dream of having a winning record.

Must have been written by a Twinkies fan. ;)

Ran across and watched a movie which surprised us with how much we enjoyed it.. :) This is on Amazon Prime..

Blow the Man Down

Mary Beth and Priscilla Connolly attempt to cover up a gruesome run-in with a dangerous man. To conceal their crime, the sisters must go deep into the criminal underbelly of their hometown, uncovering the town's darkest secrets.

The only 'name' we were familiar with is Annette O'Toole

This review kind of sums it up for us:
Don Doman--a week ago

I loved this film from the opening thru the end. The fisherman and his chorus gave a touch of unapologetic rough and tumble life on the sea or in this case seaside. Rough and tumble it was with an excellent cast that made you stop and think at every private look. The men were entirely peripheral even when they were involved in a scene. It(sic) the end the women were in control . . . and they probably always were.

Ross

Last edited:
The Tourist - 2010 - Angelina Jolie - Johnny Depp - I was surprised to find out I enjoyed it.

During an impromptu trip to Europe to mend a broken heart, math teacher Frank Tupelo (Johnny Depp) finds himself in an extraordinary situation when an alluring stranger, Elise (Angelina Jolie), places herself in his path. Their seemingly innocent flirtation turns into a dangerous game of cat and mouse…

Last edited:
I watched the first 13 or so episodes of Julia Child's French Chef season 1.
Loved her shows and love them now.

Did you know the first few episodes were sponsored by S&H Green Stamps?

She was in love with Teflon saute' pans ("no-stick em" pans) and she was a whiz with her blender. She prefers to beat eggs by hand in a copper bowl with a large whisk rather than an electric mixer. And yes, she was a whizz making omelets and souffles. I think I learned her technique for cooking omelets. Finally.

The next documentary I watched was the one that got banned in China. This one is called One Child Nation which you can see for free here:

https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/videos/one-child-nation/

This one looks at China and the move they did to move to a one child nation and the impacts that it had on the nation. A Sundance Grand Jury Prize-winning documentary which I say was worth it and at pieces a bit tough to watch this was a fully gripping piece of work to watch.

I am certainly going to say that One Man, Two Guvnors with James Corden was a wonderful watch.

This is full on funny show with James Corden before he made his USA CBS debut. Some great acting and musical performance numbers. Fully loved James and his interactions with the live crowd.

A big thumbs up from me.

Back
Top Bottom