What's your weather right now? 2022

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like it stopped just in the last half hour or so, as it was still going at 10 am. It looks like it rained close to 1½", and more tomorrow, maybe the entire day. We do need the rain. Still cool - 54°, and not getting much warmer.

Peanuts and Cracker Jax.

It's Baseball Season Opening Day today. For some, not for others. Game post-poned until tomorrow when the weather will clear up here. Too rainy today and Brrr, too uncomfortably cold too.

6°C (43°F) at the moment and steady rain. We are expecting 40-60 mm (1.6-2.4 inches) today and this evening. There might be ice pellets mixed in at times. A couple of hours of mixed precipitation overnight.

I just hope the river doesn't rise enough to cause flooding. I'm high enough above the river that it shouldn't be able to get to my place, but I worry about other people's homes and local businesses.

It's been partly sunny and partly cloudy today. The clouds are starting to darken fill the sky - we'll be getting some storms later this afternoon and evening. Temp is a warm 79F right now.
Screenshot_20220407-160909_WeatherBug.jpg

It's going to be a scorcher in Sandy Eggo today. It's gonna be close to 100°, with winds from the NNE @ 6mph, no cloud cover and no rain. I just might have to turn on the air conditioner. Yes, you should all be jealous!

I am never jealous of someone in hundred degree heat, despite the fact that my peppers love the heat! :LOL: I just heard from someone else in that area, that was planting things in the 70s, which is normal for now, and suddenly, it's in the 90s!

Here, it's in the low/mid 50s (60° avg for now), and about 3" of rain, with more to come. Not really bad, since we did need rain. And next week in the 70s!

We were 70 last week. I had to switch on the AC, as it was stuffy in the house. This morning...

IMG_6353 (2).jpg

IMG_6354 (2).jpg

IMG_6356 (2).jpg

We lost our pear tree. :(

Attachments

• IMG_6355 (2).jpg
    IMG_6355 (2).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 18
Sorry to hear about your pear tree, Ginny. I just heard on the news about Oregon having an unusual snow storm for this time of the year. That's unusual for that to be in the news here!

They are calling for very high temperatures here in the next few days - possibly up to 80° Wednesday and Thursday! Back down to normal, in the middle of the 60s after that.

Thanks, Dave! Yes, they said that "measurable snow" at PDX, for this time of year, is a first. We get snow in April, just usually not this much. The pear tree is the lump in the middle picture. Sigh.

Most of the roads are clear now...but Waste Connections says all pick-ups are delayed one day. Oh, well. Not a big deal on that.

This morning, friends due East of us in Kamiah, Idaho sent pictures similar to ours from yesterday and the comment, "Just took the snow plow off the truck last week!"

We started off at 58 F this morning, a bit of rain that cleared away with sun shine... and a drop down to 53 (2pm) and slowly dropping to 41 overnite.

Tomorrow will try to climb up to 50 but then back down to 34.. Sat and Tues hopefully will be the last of the below 32. I guess another week of 50 ish temps.

When the sun comes out, it is lovely though so, just waiting....

Windy.

Kit Carson Electric CO-OP, Town of Taos and Taos County Prepare for
Dangerous High Winds Update 4/22/22 8:15 pm

At this time, there are no immediate threats of wildfire to Taos County. Kit Carson Electric Cooperative, the Town of Taos, and Taos County are all working collaboratively to plan for the possibility of providing support to our neighboring communities that may be required to evacuate.

We ask that you remain prepared with additional water, batteries, food, and other supplies in case of any adverse effects of this storm. Please ensure you have an adequate backup power supply for medical devices, charge your cell phone when possible, and have a portable radio for backup.

Kit Carson Electric Cooperative crews are working diligently to replace a broken pole and will continue to inform and update community members of planned outages and information regarding the windstorm.

--
Pascual Maestas, Mayor

Town of Taos

We can barely see the mountain because of the blowing dust. Yesterday we had 30 to 60 MPH winds most of the day. Some of this haze is from wildfires from Arizona and New Mexico.

Attachments

• IMG_4070 (1).jpg
    IMG_4070 (1).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom