Do you recognize this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
This are hazelnut cookies. But it's all I know about them.

I need the recipe. :angel:

Attachments

• Cookie1.jpg
    Cookie1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Cookie2.jpg
    Cookie2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 93
It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like a cookie called Brutti Ma Buoni which translates to ugly but good! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If you do a quick search on the internet you will see several variations.

https://www.joyofbaking.com/BruttimaBuoni.html

Good luck!

Somebody else mentioned that, but I do not think it is meringue cookies, they look like regular dough. :ermm:

To me, it looks like an Irisg scone type pastry, but hand formed, and naked with hazelnuts in it. I would ecpect a little almond extravt mixed in as well. It looks too dry for shortbread, or sugar cookies. That's my best guess

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

To me, it looks like an Irisg scone type pastry...
It looks too dry to me to be a scone (then again, my scones aren't quite as dry as any we've tasted elsewhere), but you're probably half right, Chief.

I did a Google Images search, Charlie, and came up with a possibility: Irish Soda Bread Cookies (alternately referred to as Irish Soda Bread Biscuits). That search turns up images like this:
Irish-Soda-Bread-Biscuits-Recipe-baked-on-a-stone.jpg

I also found two possible recipes:

Irish Soda Bread Cookies

Soda Bread Biscuits

Hope this helps.

It's hard to tell from the picture but it looks like a cookie called Brutti Ma Buoni which translates to ugly but good! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

If you do a quick search on the internet you will see several variations.

Good luck!

The "Brutti ma Buoni" or "ugly but good" are biscuits traditional of nord Italy and their name describe look like not uniform and a lot crack.

Their biscuits dry and save in a can ermetic for 6-7 days without lose their tast and crumbliness.:yum:

Back
Top Bottom