What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm having a light breakfast today, `cuz I'm going out to lunch
with the Neighborhood Gal Pals ...
Cinnamon Toast, `member that from when you were a kid?

IMG_6235.jpg

... a cup of Tea and I'm good for now

DD made omelettes for breakfast.

Mushrooms, onion, shredded cheddar and chives.

mushroom_cheese_omelette_081820_IMG_7092.jpg

DD made brunch omelettes.

Stuffed with shredded cheddar, Sautéed mushrooms and spinach.

mushroom_spinach_cheese_omelette_082320_1_IMG_7101.jpg

mushroom_spinach_cheese_omelette_082320_2_IMG_7103.jpg

Today for Sunday Brunch I had a blast from Hawaii; pineapple juice, loco moco, and Hawaiian macaroni salad.

50313431366_198b690c07_m.jpg

Last edited:
We had a lovely breakfast.

I'd made two loaves of bread yesterday so we had "gussied up" French toast. I made a mix of eggs (extra yolk from the French bread made earlier in the week), half-and-half, sugar, pinch of salt and some vanilla paste for the dip.

Fried up some sausage patties, filled our glasses with orange juice and made sure the coffee was nice and hot.

Yum, yum, yummers...we were full and really didn't need any lunch.

I went to Trader Joe's the other day and picked up things to make my own cereal blend. I had a bowl this morning.

Corn flakes, frosted corn flakes, freeze dried strawberries, freeze dried blueberries, raw sliced almonds and 72% Cacao Belgian Dark Chocolate Bar (chopped).

cereal_blend_091020_IMG_7153.jpg

2 tbs. dried Candy-Cap mushrooms, 1 tbs, castor sugar, and 1 cp water, nuked for two minutes. Let the mushrooms steep in hot water for twenty minutes while I cleaned up after getting out of bed. stirred and tested. Strong maple flavor was the result. Added two tbs. uncooked farina ad nuked for 2 more minutes. Let sit for another minute. Added 2 tbs. sunflower hulled seeds and a pat of salted butter. It was hot, and yummy.:yum:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Today for Sunday Brunch I had a blast from Hawaii; pineapple juice, loco moco, and Hawaiian macaroni salad.

50313431366_198b690c07_m.jpg

I'll have some of that please, MAHALO!

Funny thing, I don't really care for Pineapple all that much. Really any "tropical" fruit. :huh:
I made up a batch of Local-Style Mac Salad for our Ladies Card Game the other day and with the leftovers, I went full on local :LOL: and added canned Tuna and chopped Black Olives.

IMG_6241.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

ONO!
This over a bed of chopped lettuce makes a nice lunch ;)

For the last 2 1/2 weeks I've been eating boring hospital food. Today was cream of rice with Lactaide, a couple of grapes, and a little cantaloupe. i can't even get a good poached egg. heavy sigh.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Actually more of a brunch I had while my bagel dough was proofing. Eggs over easy, sausages and hash browns.

I made four servings of steel cut oats, so I'm good for the rest of the week.
For the last 2 1/2 weeks I've been eating boring hospital food. Today was cream of rice with Lactaide, a couple of grapes, and a little cantaloupe. i can't even get a good poached egg. heavy sigh.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
That doesn't sound good. I've been wondering where you have been. I hope you are better soon, Chief.

Back
Top Bottom