Father's Day plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got home from hospital, picked up 10 gladiola bulbs for one son in law and a gift card to Lowes for the other son in law, DH is getting to help cook his dinner tomorrow and a bottle of Calven Klein cologne he loves.
kades That's about all I can manage today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got home from hospital, picked up 10 gladiola bulbs for one son in law and a gift card to Lowes for the other son in law, DH is getting to help cook his dinner tomorrow and a bottle of Calven Klein cologne he loves.
kades That's about all I can manage today.

How did it go, Ma?

We will be going over to our best friends' house after church Sunday. I believe we will be grilling steaks.

James and I just bought the movie "Apostle Peter and the Last Supper," and they have been wanting to see it too, so we will watch it that evening.

James is kind of like Susan's surrogate dad when she needs a dad nearby, just as I am her surrogate mom (her father died and her mom and step-dad live in Arizona), so it will be kind of a day for her husband Tom and for James.

James bought me two new card programs for my computer, so the kids each told me what they want on the cards (an airplane for him and puppies and kitties for her), so I will make cards for them to give their dad.

I'm sure that at various times James, Susan, and I will be hit by memories of our dads, so it's sure to be a mixture of good times and bittersweet times.

:cool:

that's sweet, barb. gifts mean the most when they're from the heart.

kads. everything ok? don't leave us hanging.

Last edited:
That's ma' boy!!

that's sweet, barb. gifts mean the most when they're from the heart.
guess it's the same for cards too bucky,just got this from my son,ben,my reply was "wait for the dna test results,you may have to buy another card":ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:!!
glad he's got my sense of humour,he'll need it when the child support stops....!

Attachments

• FATHERS_DAY_2012.jpg
    FATHERS_DAY_2012.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 164
  • 15-06-2012 13;12;44.jpg
    15-06-2012 13;12;44.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:
HAPPY FATHER´s DAY ...

We have become accustomed to celebrating Father´s Day in the Mediterranean on March 19th, which is also Saint Joseph´s Day and a National Holiday.

However, out special thoughts are being sent to D.C. Members and all Dads around the world ... We shall have a Sunday Lunch of lovely fresh shellfish and fish Bouilaibaisse and the Gals shall call the Vet ...

My dad passed on in 2010 Spring into Summer and the Vet´s dad passed on a few years ago ... Both of us, have our Moms.

Enjoy:
Happy Father´s Day,
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
DH will get to pick the menu so it will probably be spaghetti! That's his favorite meal. I think he would eat it every meal if he could. It will be phone calls to the Dads in Richmond and Ann Arbor. We just spent a day with my dad last weekend and will be visiting DH's dad next weekend. Both are up there in age and so we don't do the gift thing anymore. With the last week of school this week, I forgot about Father's day and didn't get any cards in the mail so the phone call will have to do.

Harry,

Thanks for sharing the card ... Happy Father´s Day Harry.

Ciao.
Margi.
thank you margi,he's a "chip off the old block" as we say over here,thank goodness.we are going to meet up in manchester & see "abraham lincoln vampire slayer" at the movies then eat at wagamama,we both love those big bowls of spicy broth with seafood & udon noodles:yum:!
enjoy your weekend
ciao
harry

Four generations BBQ

:chef: We are doing a four generation ( My husband's father, my husband, our youngest son, and his son. So it is not only four generations it is also four generations of fathers and men. ) BBQ, on Sunday. We are going to do a hamburger bar, with all sorts of sides to go on the burgers. I am going to make a couple of salads, and make some deviled eggs. I ordered a cake from the local bakery. As I want to spend time with family and not so much time preparing everything, that am to tired to enjoy myself.

Well, my dad is in California and DH is leaving Sunday morning for a conference and will be gone all week. I'm thinking I'll make him a special breakfast before he leaves, and pack a snack in his bag. On a couple other trips this year, I gave him a container of roasted peanuts, dried cherries and wasabi peas for a road snack. I'll call my dad and DH and I will Skype :)

My father died in '94, and I don't have kids of my own...all "steps." 10 of 'em, but do you think? So, Sunday isn't a big deal, just my dog, Sadie and me. But I scored a new Weber Smokey Joe Gold on CraigsList for $10, and I have a couple of really nice hammered steel paella pans, so I'm breaking one out for Sunday. They're a perfect fit for that little grill. Should be good, maybe I'll invite someone over.

have fun with your new egg, craigsy.

our papa's day plans got changed by the weather. it's raining out over the ocean, so no fishing trip. we'll put it off until wednesday when school's out. i'm kinda glad because i'm freakin' exhausted. work last night sucked. i must have walked 5 miles back and forth through our huge building, up and down 6 flights of stairs while vhecking systems out between midnight and 6 am.

but, i managed to drag my butt out of bed at noon today, and my boy was waiting with a card, a baseball poster he made the says " happy father's day coach dad", and he gave me a new 12 foot surfcasting pole.

and now we're having a wicked game of whiffle ball in the backyard. (we had to switch to whiffle or end up paying for neighbours windows and siding, lol)

happy father's day everyone!!!

Shrek got a nice, "Happy Father's Day" from the CNA's, me and the kids. I called my Dad and talked with him. Finally decided to get him the Ratios Cookbook after talking with Mom.

Dad was in the process of taking out the last section of counters and cabinets in their kitchen that needed to be redone. Once that is done, Mom's kitchen will be completely done.

Lunch with Shrek and I'm headed back for dinner in a bit.

my son is the grandpa to my four little great granddaughters. their mom had them make a very special gift. it is a picture of all four with the soles of their shoes showing, spelling out "we (heart) love our pa pa". he was so thrilled, she had it framed and he has already hung it in his office. their mom is a very thoughtful, caring person and i am sure the girls will be also.

babetoo said:
my son is the grandpa to my four little great granddaughters. their mom had them make a very special gift. it is a picture of all four with the soles of their shoes showing, spelling out "we (heart) love our pa pa". he was so thrilled, she had it framed and he has already hung it in his office. their mom is a very thoughtful, caring person and i am sure the girls will be also.

What a cool idea and a special gift! Your granddaughter is very clever.

Back
Top Bottom