Webstaurant... Food!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhateverYouWant

Sous Chef
I've purchased online from Webstaurant.com in the past... mostly tableware, and have been very happy with them. Now I see they have food & beverage (baking needs, spices, canned goods, spices, and frozen and refrigerated fruit and proteins & more).

Like with most of their stuff, prices are amazing... but am wondering how they pack their frozen and refrigerated stuff (insulated containers-dry ice)? Anybody here ever ordered from them? How was it packed? And did it arrive at safe temps?

Just a short follow up to this in case anyone here might be interested in checking this out. I emailed them about frozen/refrigerated item delivery. They responded promptly that they used insulated containers with cold packs.

Unfortunately, while the food and bev section "seems" like a real bargain, the shipping charges are CRAZY expensive.

Not recommended!

I had issues like that with other companies ( refrigerated / frozen shipping costs). Id get done with the order, thinking I got a goat deal, then once the shipping fees were applied, it was like I was paying as much for the shipping as I was for the produce. Sure, I expected it to be more expensive, But I figured if the price im saving on the predicted evens out with thee excess shipping charges to break even, I'd be ok with that for the convenience of getting it online. That wasn't the case, so I didnt order.

I had issues like that with other companies ( refrigerated / frozen shipping costs). Id get done with the order, thinking I got a goat deal, then once the shipping fees were applied, it was like I was paying as much for the shipping as I was for the produce.

In the above case I had put about 20 lbs of frozen stuff in my cart totaling about a hundred dollars. The cheapest shipping option was over $150... that's $250+ for about $100 worth of food.

I've not ordered anything cold from them but I have ordered flour in 50# bags twice. It is cheaper with shipping than buying it 5 pounds at a time at the store.

Back
Top Bottom