For the self-employed...why do people want to work with you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I have had clients tell me that they wanted to work with me because I was "fun." (This assessment was based on my footwear).

-because I have purple hair.

-because I have an M.A.

I rather like the first two reasons. Why do people want to work with you?

I have a sense of humor and can find humor even in the biggest disaster around you.

I can always find the solution to a problem. I don't consider it a problem, just a challenge to make it work better.

I always try to listen to what others are saying. I don't hog the floor or insist that my way is the only best way.

I am always willing to go that extra step. I am not afraid of work.

I like to look at people when I talk to them. I stop what I am doing and give them my undivided attention.

I finish a job when I start it.

And if I don't know I will say so and not try to bluff my way. But I am willing to learn if you are willing to take the time to teach me.

These are all comments I have heard during all my working years. As a Professional Temporary Worker, these are the reasons why companies asked for me personally. I got a lot of return calls for my services. I even got a call from a company that I have never worked for. He heard about me from another company. :angel:

I'm not self-employed, but I've had people say they like to work with me because I make them feel safe. Hahahahahaha!!! Yep, me and my giant pipes keeping the world safe from harm!

Again not self employed, but people like working with me because off my sense of humor. I also have a tendency to not be all that politically correct and call 'em like I see them. I do all of this only after I have had the time to know people and try not to be hurtful with my wit and sharp tongue.

I enjoy working with fun people!

bakechef, you sound like my kind of coworker. A little irreverence and an acerbic wit are considered job requirements in my workplace.

bakechef, you sound like my kind of coworker. A little irreverence and an acerbic wit are considered job requirements in my workplace.

I think of it as a way of keeping your sanity at work! I've only had one co-worker that couldn't deal with it, but I didn't like her anyway, nobody really did.

At the moment, I'm not self-employed (although I've owned my own consulting business in the past), but I'm not sure why that matters.

I think the primary reason that people want to work with me is because I know how to do my job well. :)

Back
Top Bottom