Food Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
What happened to the random food photos that used to appear at the top of the Forums page?

Speaking of food photos..

Since purchasing a new laptop with Windows 10 (old one had Windows 7) I can't upload photos from my phone (same phone) and have them come out right side up in DC..

I have always uploaded them from phone to laptop and then into DC..

It works for FB and other sites but, not on DC.. :ermm:

Ross

Since purchasing a new laptop with Windows 10 (old one had Windows 7) I can't upload photos from my phone (same phone) and have them come out right side up in DC..

Ross
I had the same problem.

What I do is double click the photo to open it with "Photos" option. Then on top navigation bar rotate picture till it's right way up. Close that window. It should now post right way up.

Capture 1.jpg

Capture 2.jpg

I had the same problem.

What I do is double click the photo to open it with "Photos" option. Then on top navigation bar rotate picture till it's right way up. Close that window. It should now post right way up.

View attachment 38492

View attachment 38493
I don't understand. Are you doing this in the DC post? Are you doing this on your phone? Are you doing it on your 'puter?

Ross

I don't understand. Are you doing this in the DC post? Are you doing this on your phone? Are you doing it on your 'puter?
I was addressing the above statement in red. The picture is sent from phone to laptop then posted on DC.

Open picture on laptop. Rotate it. Close that window. Then upload to DC and post.

Last edited:
Andy, they're missing! I used to like clicking on them. Often it was a throwback to someone we miss.
Their were some real good shots in those albums.

Andy, they're missing! I used to like clicking on them. Often it was a throwback to someone we miss.

They disappeared in the last couple of days. I enjoyed clicking through them too.

I was addressing the above statement in red. The picture is sent from phone to laptop then posted on DC.

Open picture on laptop. Rotate it. Close that window. Then upload to DC and post.

Did this and it came out sideways instead of upside down.. I'll keep fiddling with it.. :LOL:

Thank you, msmofet.. :)
Ross

Attachments

• Test - Copy.jpg
    Test - Copy.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 99
If you click on Member Photos link in the Nav Bar above it takes you to a page with albums broken down into Categories. Member food pictures are in there.

Capture 1.jpg

Capture 2.jpg

If you click on Member Photos link in the Nav Bar above it takes you to a page with albums broken down into Categories. Member food pictures are in there.

View attachment 38498

View attachment 38499

That's always been there but it's not what I'm referring to.

I'm asking about the four randomly changing fotos at the top of the forums page just below the DC logo.

I should point out that I use Version 1.0 of this sight rather than Version 3.0. You can change from one to the other at the bottom of the forums page.

Last edited:
You have to rotate and upload 2 or 3 times or just rotate 2 or 3 times?

Rotate the picture on my laptop before uploading to forum. And I preview posts just to be sure before it goes live.

The hot dog picture had to be rotated 2x before it was right side up.

Last edited:
Rotate the picture on my laptop before uploading to forum. And I preview posts just to be sure before it goes live.

The hot dog picture had to be rotated 2x before it was right side up.

Well, having to rotate a picture in photo editing software 2 or 3 times is not at all unusual. I am under the impression that isn't the problem. This has come up before, where someone has a picture on their computer that is right way up, but is sideways or upside down once it is uploaded to DC. Now, for all I know, those people fixed the picture and forgot to save the fixed version or saved the fixed version with a different name or in a different place and then uploaded the sideways or upside down picture.

I'm asking about the four randomly changing fotos at the top of the forums page just below the DC logo.

I should point out that I use Version 1.0 of this sight rather than Version 3.0. You can change from one to the other at the bottom of the forums page.

Oh my gosh, you're right. They're gone. I used to LOVE flipping through those.

:(

I have no clue, they went missing for me, too!

Back
Top Bottom