What are you grilling/smoking/cooking outdoors today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Following on from this thread in the Kitchen Candy forum, tell us what you're cooking outside today: Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got! - Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Getting ready for my hip surgery at the end of the month, we're smoking a three-pound pork shoulder and a four-pound beef chuck roast. The pork is just seasoned with general seasonings so we can make it into different dishes later. The beef will have a barbecue sauce made with stout beer and it's cooked with bell peppers, onions and jalapeños, using this recipe: https://grilling24x7.com/pulled-smoked-chuck-roast-bbq-chuckies/

Vegetables
0713191305a.jpg

Beef after smoking for three hours
0713191446a.jpg

Vegetables and beef with stout beer, covered with foil and into the grill for three hours (I need to get smaller pans next time).
0713191446b.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good! I'll be grilling some veges this week to make a strata.

Wow, that looks good! I haven't fired up my ugly drum smoker in a while.... Maybe it's time. I have a couple of racks of St Louis cut ribs in the freezer.

You should post a picture of your UDS in use. I'm thinking a lot of people may not know what one is.

CD

More:
After cooking, covered, for three hours.
0713191741a.jpg
After shredding the meat and stirring in the barbecue sauce.
0713191749.jpg

Our neighbor has been having a tough time lately and needed some company, so we took dinner over to her house and ate on her back deck, so I didn't get a chance to take a pic of my plate.

Last edited:
Since we were over at our neighbor's house till late last night, we didn't cut into the pork until today. WOW! After resting overnight, it's incredibly tender! We may have to eat a little bit tonight before we package it for the freezer.
0714191637.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom