New spice organizer - SO PROUD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

legend_018

Head Chef
Just a few pictures trying to show you my new spice organizer creation. I got the case from walmart in the cosmetic section. I had to throw out a bunch of old spices anyways so I got a bunch of new spices. These spices fit perfectly. There is an upper section for the most common and a lower shelf section for some other common ones. Than in the middle it's just a free for all (a bunch of misc. spices). It can be carried anywhere, stored anywhere.

Our whole cabinet was full of these things "lol". So now I can store this pretty much anywhere and it's so easy to get at the spices.
It even has a lock and key, not that I really need that.

Other solutions were just not that great for our kitchen. It is a decent size kitchen...but still. Just different reasons why DH and/or I didn't like the other solutions.

Mary

Attachments

• Misc 110.jpg
    Misc 110.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 250
  • Misc 112.jpg
    Misc 112.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 246
  • Misc 111.jpg
    Misc 111.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Misc 113.jpg
    Misc 113.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 261
legend_018 said:
It even has a lock and key, not that I really need that.

Don't be to sure Miss Mary...A few days ago I was looking for my jar of Tarragon...It was no where to be found!! I threatened to lock up the spice cabinet to keep folks out of "my" spices....Later I found it in the refrigerator...Can you believe it??? I don't have a clue who could have put it there....:whistling

Thanks for sharing!!

:LOL:

If you have real saffron and vanilla and vanilla bean, you may want to lock them up.

I'd need 2. I have your standard unadulterated fair, but combine and mix alot of my own.

What are the metal tins? Do they come with the case?

There just watkins spices. Got them in the spice isle. I needed new spices and threw a lot of old ones a way.

I have 41 spices in there. The free for all on the bottom in the middle has a bunch (some big and a bunch of those small ones that they sell at the markets (hannaford).

Next to the kitchen, we have a laundry room with some cabinets. I have it in there for now. I like that it's portable. If I make room in the kitchen, I could probably put it in one of the kitchen cabinets.

I don't think that would work for me because about half of my spices are in those restaurant or food-service-type plastic jars. I also got a gallon-size jar of cajiun spice.

Super cute idea, Mary! I love it!
I remember starting with one spinning spice rack, followed by two more...then I decided I needed more, and now I have a double cupboard filled....and it's too full. I think I need a spice intervention.

Next to the kitchen, we have a laundry room with some cabinets. I have it in there for now. I like that it's portable. If I make room in the kitchen, I could probably put it in one of the kitchen cabinets. we do have an island with cabinets underneath.

that looks better than climbing the cabinet just off the stove while its hot!

Back
Top Bottom