Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kgirl, for someone like you these plates are really perfect. You are so generous with your gifts of food to others, I only hope you eventually get them back.:wub:
My Mama taught me long ago it was bad form to ever return an empty plate.
My mom taught me the same thing! Guess it's a universal "mom" thing.
Ha, no. Not my mom :rolleyes:

For food gifts and parties I have a stash of containers from the dollar store. There are some bowls that look pretty nice, but for a buck, I don't care if they're returned.

Kgirl, for someone like you these plates are really perfect. You are so generous with your gifts of food to others, I only hope you eventually get them back.:wub:
My Mama taught me long ago it was bad form to ever return an empty plate.

Thank K-L, for those extremely kind words.
I too was taught never arrive at someone's home empty handed,
even if they insist that you not bring anything ;)

My G-Ma would give us coffee cans that she would cover in wrapping wrap that fit the occasion, filled with her "Garbage Cookies", which we ALL adored.
She would say that if you didn't return the can, you wouldn't get any more cookies. :LOL: The life-lessons we learn, huh?

I got tired of people not returning my plates and bowls. Unless I'm trying to get rid of something, I give food gifts in throw away containers.

For food gifts and parties I have a stash of containers from the dollar store. There are some bowls that look pretty nice, but for a buck, I don't care if they're returned.

I LOVE Dollar Tree!
I get these aluminum tins with the cardboard covers, 3 for $1, works great for freezing something like Lasagna to share. I always remember to print out a copy of "how to" not only for the recipient, but myself as well :LOL:

IMG_5378.jpg

What I miss is the Cake Carriers!

DSC00037.jpg

I have one of these $1 Cake Carriers left, and I'm hanging on to it for one of those community gatherings. I know I won't get it back, but for a buck that's okay.

Dollar Tree is a life saver for Christmas. I always go there the first part of December and spend too much on containers, but am so thankful after Christmas dinner. Everyone can take home leftovers, and I STILL have plenty of containers to put leftovers in for the next week.

Dollar Tree is a life saver for Christmas. I always go there the first part of December and spend too much on containers, but am so thankful after Christmas dinner. Everyone can take home leftovers, and I STILL have plenty of containers to put leftovers in for the next week.

Agreed Cin !!

IMG_5219.jpg

This past Christmas Neighbors' Gifts.
A mug for each person with:
Hot Cocoa mix
Cappuccino mix
Mug Cake mixes with frosting packs and sprinkles
candies
INCLUDING the cute bucket, wrapping AND ribbon!!!

… all for $6/couple :clap:

I start all shopping at the Dollar Tree and then the next inexpensive place and the next until I have my grocery list bought. Of course you have to be aware of prices in all the places you shop, Dollar Tree may not be the best price.

I start all shopping at the Dollar Tree and then the next inexpensive place and the next until I have my grocery list bought. Of course you have to be aware of prices in all the places you shop, Dollar Tree may not be the best price.

Very true PF.
DH doesn't understand why I'll go 3 and 4, even 5 different stores when I shop. I have my list, I know which store has the better price for what I'm looking for. He says, "Where do you find the patience to do that?"
It comes down to money, honey :LOL: I've got the time, but not necessarily all the money in the world :ROFLMAO:

Thank K-L, for those extremely kind words.
I too was taught never arrive at someone's home empty handed,
even if they insist that you not bring anything ;)
That's different from not returning an empty plate. I always bring a hostess gift when we go to someone's home. Lately it's homemade preserves or honey from our hives.

We got a new Cuisinart coffee maker last week. We really, really liked the flavor of the coffee we made with our not-so-old Bonavita coffee maker, but I broke the carafe. :( I looked all over the web to replace the pot, but anywhere that offered it had it listed as "not in stock". I'm guessing that the Bonavita I bought was a discontinued model and the replacement carafe is no longer being made. :glare: Just one more reason to not stray from Cuisinart...

We got a new Cuisinart coffee maker last week. We really, really liked the flavor of the coffee we made with our not-so-old Bonavita coffee maker, but I broke the carafe. :( I looked all over the web to replace the pot, but anywhere that offered it had it listed as "not in stock". I'm guessing that the Bonavita I bought was a discontinued model and the replacement carafe is no longer being made. :glare: Just one more reason to not stray from Cuisinart...

I love my Cuisinart Grind N Brew.

I love Cuisinart, period! However, tenspeed (where the heck ARE you, guy?) had sung the praises of this Bonavita, coffee websites praised its flavor quality, and everything was true. It's supposed to be better with heating water to a hot enough temperature, and it pre-wets the grounds with a brief spray of water as if you were making pour-over coffee before doing the full drip thing.

I think this is our third plain, old coffee pot from Cuisinart. In between we've also had a grind-and-brew and their Brew Station - the one with the hot water dispenser along side the coffee maker. That one took up a lot of counter, and it seemed silly keeping the water heater running all the time.

I love Cuisinart, period! However, tenspeed (where the heck ARE you, guy?) had sung the praises of this Bonavita, coffee websites praised its flavor quality, and everything was true. It's supposed to be better with heating water to a hot enough temperature, and it pre-wets the grounds with a brief spray of water as if you were making pour-over coffee before doing the full drip thing.

I think this is our third plain, old coffee pot from Cuisinart. In between we've also had a grind-and-brew and their Brew Station - the one with the hot water dispenser along side the coffee maker. That one took up a lot of counter, and it seemed silly keeping the water heater running all the time.
A VERY large percentage of my kitchen "Stuff" is Cuisinart (cookware, utensils and appliances) and OXO Good Grips.

Back
Top Bottom