2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks good, pepper. I'm currently waiting on my loaf of country white to finish rising.

Himself loves lemon-poppyseed muffins. Me? Not so much. Since I'm a wonderful wife : mrgreen: I baked a mix of jumbo muffins for him. Meanwhile, I opened a can of Boston Brown Bread, something I love and he doesn't. It's all good.

IMG_20200317_172315154.jpg

I get nervous when my egg supply drops below a dozen, K-Girl.

Who's the pretty bread loaf? [emoji38] Finally baked a pretty one.
View attachment 39813

CG, I'm down to 22 eggs :(
Since DH hasn't had much of an appetite as of late,
I haven't been making him any eggs for breakfast,
in fact he hasn't had breakfast for a whiles now :huh:

BTB, that loaf of bread looks gorgeous!

Thanks, Gimme. It's just a loaf of "country white" from the bread machine book. It has milk instead of water, and an egg. One of our favorites. I also sub 1 cup of white whole wheat flour for one of bread, so I kick in 1/2 tablespoon of gluten.

Being housebound for the time being, looks like I'll be back to baking bread regularly.

Thanks, Gimme. It's just a loaf of "country white" from the bread machine book. It has milk instead of water, and an egg. One of our favorites. I also sub 1 cup of white whole wheat flour for one of bread, so I kick in 1/2 tablespoon of gluten.

Being housebound for the time being, looks like I'll be back to baking bread regularly.

Do you recommend your bread machine? Been curious about whether or not to pick one up. Convenience is great although I kind of enjoy making my own loaves directly. But for set it and forget it the machines are pretty good no? I see yours came out looking great. :)

That's because I use just the dough setting, Gimme. I did use a couple of the full bread settings when I got it, but didn't like the results and stuck the machine in the basement. Didn't start playing around with the dough setting till years later.

I've had a Regal machine for a long time. I know it moved with us to MA in 2000, but I can't remember if it made the move from house 1 to house 2 in 1991. I started using it more once Himself and I moved in 2000 because I was bored with not having our kids around anymore.

CG, gorgeous bread!

S&P, Dragon Fruit, YUM!!

DH and his Buddy, Mister Dear Friend have put off their
weekly "Coffee Meeting" and I recommended that they
do it here at our home for a change up
(not to mention none of us have to break our Social Distancing---50ppl or less dontcha know)!

IMG_5656.jpg

IMG_5657.jpg

So I made some more Bran Muffins... a bit different this time.
I made this batch with a touch of Molasses, boy howdy dowdy,
what a marked improvement!
I added chopped Pecans and NO dried Cranberries this time.
I like this version, I think that our Coffee Chat will
be a huge success tomorrow.

<Edit- I sacrificed ONE of my precious Eggs to make a half batch of Bran Muffins,
PHEW!
That was a huge!>

Last edited:
We have a glut of eggs, wish I could send some to those that don't. I mentioned to Craig that when I picked up my meds from Wal-Mart a few days ago that I was going to see if they had any eggs cause we were getting low. They did and I got 18. When I got home, he was on the porch at the refrigerator out there messing with this big box that had eggs written on the outside. 15 dozen for the 2 of us! There was a good bit of breakage, almost 3 dozen, so the pugs got scrambled eggs and he threw some away. Now, I have almost 14 dozen eggs, including the ones I bought, to use up.

I made ricotta pound cake with some leftover (deliberately) ricotta a couple of days ago, and I made a batch yesterday of very rich sweet dough for a dozen doughnuts plus a dozen or so cinnamon rolls or sticky buns TBD for an overnight rise in the fridge. I'll cook half of the doughnuts for breakfast later, the rest Sunday,and make the rolls/buns for either Monday or I'll freeze for later.

I just don't know what to do with all those eggs. We are going to get really tired of quiche, frittata, omelets. I thought about making a version of eggs benedict, but I'm getting low on butter, knew I should have bought 2 boxes of that! I'm scared to mention it to Craig, as I'm afraid he'll go back to the restaurant supply place and come home with 12 pounds of butter!

Six donuts are rising. Enough dough for 6 more is in the freezer and 9 sticky buns are in the fridge for tomorrow morning.

Should have sifted the 10x sugar, didn't realize it was so lumpy. Serious sugar overload!

Attachments

• 2020-03-21 11.36.54.jpg
    2020-03-21 11.36.54.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom