2022 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Her's the finished Pazkis:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220215_195627.jpg
    20220215_195627.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220215_195710.jpg
    20220215_195710.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220215_195638.jpg
    20220215_195638.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 33
I made a new bread recipe in the bread machine. "Soft Egg bread". It turned out great and I think it might be our new go-to sandwich bread! The only thing I would do different in the future would be to make thin slices, instead of regular. We had salami sandwiches for lunch and it was perfect!

I made banana nut muffins yesterday. The recipe said it makes 12 muffins. Well, somehow, I had enough batter for 18! [emoji16] I was looking for my six-cavity muffin pan and found the mini Bundt pan first, so I used that. Next time I'm going to put turbinado sugar in the bottom to make it sparkly [emoji39]
20220220_120047.jpg

GG, those look pretty enough to be on the cover of a cooking magazine! Hope they are as tasty!

We tried the Italian Bread yesterday...I will say it is a keeper. Great bread and one I'll keep on hand!

GG, those look pretty enough to be on the cover of a cooking magazine! Hope they are as tasty!

We tried the Italian Bread yesterday...I will say it is a keeper. Great bread and one I'll keep on hand!
Thank you, Ginny! They are quite tasty. Your bread looks great, too.

Everybody's baked goods look so delicious! GG, I love all of the uses you're finding for that mini Bundt pan. Makes me want to get one just like yours.

With my bread maker issue, I figured now was a good time to make my first loaf of no knead bread. Found a bunch of recipes for just one loaf. It looks and smells good. Can't wait to cut into it. I may have to make another one tomorrow. This one is supposed to be for turkey stuffing tomorrow.

IMG_20220221_170501435_HDR.jpg

...With my bread maker issue, I figured now was a good time to make my first loaf of no knead bread. Found a bunch of recipes for just one loaf. It looks and smells good. Can't wait to cut into it. I may have to make another one tomorrow. This one is supposed to be for turkey stuffing tomorrow.

View attachment 51010

Looks delicious. Maybe you don't 'knead' a bread machine.

Everybody's baked goods look so delicious! GG, I love all of the uses you're finding for that mini Bundt pan. Makes me want to get one just like yours.

With my bread maker issue, I figured now was a good time to make my first loaf of no knead bread. Found a bunch of recipes for just one loaf. It looks and smells good. Can't wait to cut into it. I may have to make another one tomorrow. This one is supposed to be for turkey stuffing tomorrow.

View attachment 51010

Yum! You know you have to pay extra for that "Artisan Style" bread! It looks delicious!

I made WBBLT with the Italian Bread today! World's Best BLT...truly! Now, I'm going to start some Strawberry Jam in the bread machine!

Yum! You know you have to pay extra for that "Artisan Style" bread! It looks delicious!

I made WBBLT with the Italian Bread today! World's Best BLT...truly! Now, I'm going to start some Strawberry Jam in the bread machine!

You have got to try a BLT on toasted caraway rye bread, especially the dark rye, made with molasses. It takes the BLT to a whole 'nuther place. So good.

I wonder what a homemade Hot Pocket style BLT would be like.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Yesterday for some reason I got a bug up my butt about baking, so I made six jumbo banana nut muffins in the oven and a loaf of honey whole wheat bread in the bread maker. I was perusing the manual and found some interesting recipes, and the machine is still out, so maybe I will bake more bread. I could go with the carrot cake loaf. I might try that if I have all the ingredients, or most of them anyway. If I am feeling French I can make brioche, or if I am feeling Jewish I can make Challah. Can you say Challa? Just pronounce the CH like you were getting ready to hock a loogi.

Last edited:
Yesterday for some reason I got a bug up my butt about baking, so I made six jumbo banana nut muffins in the oven and a loaf of honey whole wheat bread in the bread maker. I was perusing the manual and found some interesting recipes, and the machine is still out, so maybe I will bake more bread. I could go with the carrot cake loaf. I might try that if I have all the ingredients, or most of them anyway. If I am feeling French I can make brioche, or if I am feeling Jewish I can make Challah. Can you say Challa? Just pronounce the CH like you were getting ready to hock a loogi.

If you are feeling Italian (or American)...make some pizza dough. It freezes well, if you don't feel like eating pizza now.

I'm thinking of trying a chutney in the bread maker later today or tomorrow.

If you are feeling Italian (or American)...make some pizza dough. It freezes well, if you don't feel like eating pizza now.

I'm thinking of trying a chutney in the bread maker later today or tomorrow.
You mentioned making jam with your bread machine. Have you done that yet? Mine has that setting, too, but I haven't tried it yet.

You mentioned making jam with your bread machine. Have you done that yet? Mine has that setting, too, but I haven't tried it yet.

Yes, I have! I've made strawberry, peach and blueberry. They are all wonderful! I'm just thrilled to be able to make my own, so I know exactly what is in it. Or, maybe more importantly, what is NOT in it!

I will say that the homemade jam is the perfect compliment to homemade bread!

Yes, I have! I've made strawberry, peach and blueberry. They are all wonderful! I'm just thrilled to be able to make my own, so I know exactly what is in it. Or, maybe more importantly, what is NOT in it!

I will say that the homemade jam is the perfect compliment to homemade bread!
Thanks. I've made jam in my sauté pan for years and it's really good; I just hadn't tried it in the bread machine yet. It would be nice to have the machine make it hands-off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom