2022 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you are feeling Italian (or American)...make some pizza dough. It freezes well, if you don't feel like eating pizza now.
I actually prefer to buy self-rising cheese pizzas from the supermarket and add my own toppings. It's a lot less work, they usually discount multiple purchases, and I don't have to worry about expired yeast, running out of cheese or not having any sauce. I usually do my three favorites: Pepperoni & mushrooms, Italian sausage & black olives, or anchovies & pepperoncini.

Last edited:
I made a pan of my Mom's recipe for coffee cake for a friend on Wednesday and decided yesterday that we needed one of our own. I made it as usual, in Mom's old glass pie plate like she did and I do...and I thought that the one in the metal cake pan cooked and looked better. I may might have to go shopping for kitchen stuff.

Recently I've made a ton of pies and fruit cobblers and crumbles and, today, I decided it was time for cookies.

Found a recipe on the 'net that sounded good, so I tried it. Omigosh! It's a real keeper.

A wonderful cross between oatmeal cookies and coconut nutty cookies. A real keeper.

Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it: https://watchlearneat.com/oatmeal-coconut-pecan-cookies/#wprm-recipe-container-4451

I used my 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop and ended up with just under 4 dozen nice-sized cookies.

And funny, too, how 2 of the cookies magically disappeared off the cooling rack when I turned my back.

Glenn said the cookies made him do it. :angel:

I made the carrot cake bread. It wasn't bad. Not as sweet as a real carrot cake, but I sliced off a piece and hit it with the powdered sugar shaker. I put the bread maker away because I won't be using it for a while. Some idiot baked the paddle inside the carrot cake bread! I'm thinking about buying a back-up paddle just for that reason.

Last edited:
sirloin, but it wasn't glasses.
MAIN-Baker-finds-his-glasses-baked-into-bread.jpg
Z

I just finished baking a loaf of Bread Machine Herb & Parmesan bread. It is yummy and a keeper. I baked it as the recipe is shown: https://www.thespruceeats.com/bread-machine-herb-and-parmesan-bread-3051743

However, next time, I'm going to try to cut it back to a 1-1/2 pound loaf, instead of the 2 pounder. I find I like the 1.5 pound loaves better for just the 2 of us. The 2 pounders tend to come out a tad lopsided...but that's just picky-picky? For the ease of making it all in the machine, not too high a price!

This bread will be great with savory dishes, but it might make a nice sandwich too. For sure a nice panini!

IMG_6203 (2).jpg

I've tried a number of cornbread recipes over the years. Some were better than others. Today I tried the Buttermilk Cornbread recipe from Damned Delicious and Dayum! it IS Delicious!

I think it's safe to say I will be dumping any other saved recipes from the Cornbread folder.

IMG_20220313_203523514_HDR.jpg

Sun Flower Cookies

About 2 weeks back. or maybe a week ago, I made my first successful batch of sun butter using sunflower seeds and coconut oil. On the thread, it was said that the baking powder, and baking soda would turn baked goods green. There was also a link to a Sun butter cookie recipe.
As it was St. Patrick's day, I made the cookies. The flavor and texture are very good. They didn't turn green though, and spread out a lot, as the pictures will show. Still, they are definitely worth making. Here's the link to that recipe - https://sunbutter.com/recipe/classic-sunbutter-cookies/

If you know someone who has nut allergies, then this recipe is nut free. But don't use coconut oil in your sun butter, as some who are allergic to tree nuts are allergic to coconuts.. Use Crisco, or lard for the added fat.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220317_130054.jpg
    20220317_130054.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220317_130535.jpg
    20220317_130535.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220317_130941.jpg
    20220317_130941.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220317_134639.jpg