2022 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Corn muffins!

IMG_3393.jpg

so to fix that feeling when you have a pie crust left over . . .

rolled out, diced Golden Delicious, cinnamon&sugar, orange marmalade glaze . . .
IMG_2183.jpg

My plan today was to make S&P/AndyMs' Cast Iron Skillet Rolls for the freezer.
I discovered this morning that I have no more in reserve :ohmy:

Well, I didn't feel like I had that kind of energy today, so I settled on some Pumpkin Walnut Jumbo Muffins instead.

IMG_1417.jpg

I cheated just a bit and used a box mix, but chopped the Walnuts myself :rolleyes: :LOL: :yum:

Cherry, Blackberry Cheesecake...

39817-albums888-picture8900.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks amazing! You always make perfect looking deserts, and foods. My only question; where's mine?

Have you ever made a red, white, and blue cheesecake? You make the cheesecake filling, and divide it into 3 portions. Flavor one with strawberries, on untouched, and the third with blueberries.

Line your springform pan with foil on the bottom, so that it extends outward to be folded up the sides, Then, line with parchment paper on the bottom and sides, cook each layer one at a time, the remove from the pan, leaving it on the parchment paper. Repeat with the other two layers. You will find that the filling has pulled slightly away from the sides, i.e. shrunk in diameter. Chill all layers to firm them up. While the custard is chilling, make a graham cracker crust and bake without filling.

Assemble by sliding the blueberry layer from the parchment, and into the crust. Top with blueberry pie filling. Repeat with plain cheesecake custard, toped with sweetened sour cream, and finally, with the strawberry layer, topped with strawberry pie filling.

This cheesecake got me a lot of - "How did you make that!" coupled with big smiles. I made mine with a ten inch springform pan.

I suggest this as I suspect that you again would take my cheesecake right over the top. I'd love to see pictures.:mrgreen:.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

CG, now you have me wanting coffee cake. I may just make some. Oh wait, there's other stuff I should be doing.

Mom's Baking Powder Kuchen (Coffeecake)

Here you go, ladies! taxy, it takes about 20 minutes to gather, mix, and slide into the oven. Work can wait until this goes into the oven - and then you have a tasty reward after the cake cools.

Ginny, it goes good with tea, too. Or milk. Probably wine. :LOL:

msmofet, thank you. If you think it looks wonderful, just wait until you taste. ;)

I hope I haven't oversold it. :ermm: It's really nothing that special, but it seems so good because it's so easy to make.

Here you go, ladies! taxy, it takes about 20 minutes to gather, mix, and slide into the oven. Work can wait until this goes into the oven - and then you have a tasty reward after the cake cools.

Ginny, it goes good with tea, too. Or milk. Probably wine. :LOL:

msmofet, thank you. If you think it looks wonderful, just wait until you taste. ;)

I hope I haven't oversold it. :ermm: It's really nothing that special, but it seems so good because it's so easy to make.

Thank you CG.

Fresh asparagus, bacon, Jarlsberg swiss cheese, onion, garlic, eggs, and half and half quiche for tomorrow's bridge eats. I wanted to make two, but only had enough asparagus for one.

Attachments

• IMG_4063.jpg
    IMG_4063.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 26
Cherry Cheesecake
39817-albums960-picture8916.jpg
[/IMG]

I lave cheesecake. Yours looks very, very tasty indeed. Is that New York style cheesecake? Have you ever tried a Lindy's Cheesecake? It too is really tasty. Here's a link - http://fantes.net/recipes/lindys-cheesecake-recipe.pdf

Another winner is the Hollywood cheesecake - https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/hollywood-cheesecake-56f8570fc98a9a676e4e70b4

And here's my own recipe
Chief's 10 inch Creamy New York Cheesecake :

Ingredients:
Crust:
1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs.
4 tbs. sugar
8 tbs. real butter

Filling:
6 - 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 1/2 cups sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/8 cups sugar
3 tbs. Cornstarch
1/2 cup milk
3 large eggs.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Melt the butter and combine with the remaining crust ingredients. Spread evenly across the bottom and sides of either a 10 inch round spring-form pan, or a 9 inch square spring-form pan. Place pan with crust into the freezer for ten minutes.

Place the cream cheese in a large, microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 1 minute in the microwave to soften. Beat in the remaining ingredients until the filling is silky smooth. This is easier of course with an immersion blender, a mixer, or a wire whisk.

Pour the filling into the pie crust and smooth until the top is evenly distributed and flat. Place into the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then, reduce heat to 180 degrees and bake for 55 minutes. Test the cheesecake by gently jiggling the pan. The cheesecake custard should jiggle slightly. If too runny, bake for another 7 to 10 minutes. Do not bake until the custard is firm. That will result in a very dense custard that will crack on top as it cools. Turn off the oven and partially open the oven door. The pie will continue cooking and become firm, yet creamy. Let the cheesecake cool with the oven until it reaches room temperature. Top with your favorite cheesecake topping.

This cheesecake is still creamy when chilled before serving. My youngest daughter told me that this was the best cheesecake I'd ever made. I now have my very own cheesecake recipe. Hmmmm, which will they carve on my tombstone, "Here lies the Pancake King." Or, "Here lies the Cheesecake King". Or maybe one of my kids will put "Here lies my Dad, the teller of the cheesiest dad jokes on the planet."

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North of the North

Banana Bread in the Bread Machine

In the past, when DH has had a mouth surgery, the first kind of bread he can eat isn't really bread...that said, today I modified our favorite Banana Bread to make it in the bread machine. And, it worked! Here's hoping DH will be asking for bread soon!

IMG_6452.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom