Bolognese Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alix, the last few times I have made it I have used the food mill, but before that I would make a small on the bottom of the tomato and then drop into boiling water and then into ice water. Both ways work, but I enjoy the food mill better than the other method. You could also use canned tomatoes and then you don't have to worry about the skins at all.

IC, in that case I will happily cook for you anytime. As a matter of fact, if you want to send me a plane ticket to Hawaii I will make sure you have a home cooked meal every single day ;)

Goodweed, I feel the same about you buddy! And to answer your question, what I get a lot of is "you probably won't like this since you cook so well" or things like that. In reality, most of the time I really enjoy the food I am served by my friends and family who cook for me.

Ok, an update for those of you considering this recipe. It was FABULOUS! Everyone in the family loved it and its a complete winner. I debated on freezing the leftovers or just leaving it in the fridge to be consumed later this week. I ended up freezing enough for Ken and the girls when I'm at work some night this month and left enough for 2 lunch portions in the fridge.

Oh, and I about tripled the recipe. It was just easier that way with all the stuff I had on hand.

I will definitely make this again, and next time, I'll just use canned tomatoes since I doubt I will have any fresh that soon! Heh heh heh.

Heeeey! I forgot about your OTHER family members on here! My apologies momerlyn. Heh heh heh.

I'll be trying this tomorrow ( venison instead of beef though).

It sounds delish!! Thanks GB

Resurrecting this thread so I can subscribe to it. Took me a bit to find it til I remembered it was GB's recipe. I'm making this sauce to leave for the family tonight while I'm at work. Wonder if they'll leave me any? :rolleyes:

Reactions: GB
Making a variation of this tonight...coming along deliciously!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom