Potatoes, amazing yummies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Potatoes are indeed versatile and delicious! They are a staple food in many cuisines around the world and can be prepared in countless ways. Here are some popular and delightful potato dishes:

1. Mashed Potatoes: Creamy and fluffy mashed potatoes are a classic side dish, often served with gravy. They're a comfort food favorite.
  2. French Fries: Thin and crispy, french fries are beloved by people of all ages. They're perfect for dipping in ketchup, mayo, or other sauces.
  3. Potato Chips: Potato chips, also known as crisps in some regions, are a popular snack with various flavors and textures.
  4. Baked Potatoes: Baking potatoes in the oven until they're tender on the inside and have a crispy skin on the outside is a simple yet delicious preparation.
  5. Hash Browns: Shredded or diced potatoes fried until crispy make for a tasty breakfast side dish.
  6. Potato Salad: Potato salad is a versatile dish that can be customized with various ingredients like mayo, mustard, pickles, and herbs.
  7. Scalloped Potatoes: Thinly sliced potatoes layered with cheese and baked in a creamy sauce create a rich and indulgent side dish.

I like these deviled potatoes, like deviled eggs.
vegan-deviled-potatoes-eggs-easter-recipe-appetizer-08.jpg

They can be served cold but I like them hot too.

Potato salad as a finger food!

I love it!

Those devilled potatoes look good. If I were to buy the "black salt, (also called kala namak)", which is an ingredient, is there anything special I should know? I found some on Amazon that didn't cost a baby fortune, but it isn't pink, as mentioned with the recipe. It's more dark grey/black. It is kala namak, not Hawaiian or something with charcoal added.

I don't know very much about black salt. I bought the TAJ brand on amazon. It has a mild eggy flavor. I wouldn't mind if the eggy flavor was more pronounced. I use it for yellow mung bean eggs and tofu scrambled eggs. We only make those when we have made some plant based sausage and want eggs to go with it, for old times sake. :)

Those devilled potatoes look good. If I were to buy the "black salt, (also called kala namak)", which is an ingredient, is there anything special I should know? I found some on Amazon that didn't cost a baby fortune, but it isn't pink, as mentioned with the recipe. It's more dark grey/black. It is kala namak, not Hawaiian or something with charcoal added.
Im not sure if the color makes a difference or not. This is the brand I use ( it's pink). Only ingredient is " Himalayan Black Salt". Very 'sulfur' taste to it. I often add it to a tofu scramble or "Just Egg". to give it more of an eggy flavor. Only issue I have is it clumps a bit, so I have to be sure to break of the clumps prior to using.

Attachments

• Black salt.png
    Black salt.png
    1 MB · Views: 4
I don't know very much about black salt. I bought the TAJ brand on amazon. It has a mild eggy flavor. I wouldn't mind if the eggy flavor was more pronounced. I use it for yellow mung bean eggs and tofu scrambled eggs. We only make those when we have made some plant based sausage and want eggs to go with it, for old times sake. :)
It's funny, we must have been typing at the same time. We both basically use it for the same things.

taxy, so I guess your answer is basically you are looking for a sulphur smell, you know, like rotten eggs! LOL
I read some of the comments on the one I'm considering buying. Several people really liked the way it made tofu scramble taste like eggs. One person thought it was too salty and didn't have any other flavour. One person complained that it didn't taste the way salt is supposed to taste and it smelled of rotten eggs. 🤣

looking delicious

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom