Thursday, January 11, 2024, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Pork carnitas, Mexican rice, refried beans, which Craig didn't mash for some reason. My carnitas were mixed with a bit of green salsa. Craig used red.
20240111_181822.jpg

Shrimp won ton soup. I ate a hamburger earlier and had Hamburger Helper for lunch, so I'm not really hungry. I slept all day so since I'll probably be up way later than normal, I'll have the soup about 8pm and that will be enough to fill me up but light enough to not mess with my acid reflux.

Stir fried (steamed) cauliflower, broccoli, green and yellow peppers, water chestnuts, mushrooms, peppers/onions, garlic, soy curls, in a glaze (cornstarch), over brown basmati veggie rice. I had it with a bulgogi sauce and mr bliss had it with sweet sour stir fry sauce.

I made an old Danish dish called "Brændende Kærlighed", which means Burning Love. Its a bunch of bacon cut up and fried until almost as done as you like and then a bunch of chopped onion is added to the pan, after excess bacon fat is poured off. It's served on top of mashed potatoes. We also had a green salad with some of my batch vinaigrette. I really enjoyed that.

Here's a picture of it on a serving plate. There's other stuff in the photo to give scale. That serving dish often looks like a dinner plate in photos, if you don't know its size.

Brændende Kærlighed (Burning Love) - bacon, onions, mashed potatoes.jpg

Last edited:
Working late all week. Had to do fast and easy.

I cut up a 12 oz. package of thick sliced bacon and cooked that in a 12" skillet until all the fat was rendered out. I put the bacon aside on top of paper towels in a shallow bowl and poured off the excess bacon fat into a glass jar I keep in the fridge for this very purpose. Into my skillet I put one cup Ben's Original long grain white rice, 2.25 cups water and a medium can of La Preferida nacho cheese sauce. Blended thoroughly, brought to a boil and simmered 20 minutes. Then I let it sit for 5 minutes and dug in.

Quite good, actually.

Kit meal night...and it was excellent!! Link to Chicken Tikka Masala with Jasmine Rice & Peas

I added a couple a of teaspoons of my own Hot Curry Powder to the chicken and I cooked the Rice in a Rice Cooker. When the rice was done, I put the peas in there with it and added a couple pats of butter because it sounded good! Great meal and I'll be sure to repeat this meal, without the kit. ;)

I can get 3 meals out of a Panda Express combo. This one was an orange chicken, teriyaki chicken, and fried rice meal. Last night I had orange chicken with rice. Here's the whole combo meal.
20240111_153942.jpg

Right now I'm eating teriyaki chicken and rice. It's good.
20240112_162326.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom