What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sweet, eggy challah bread is a classic for French toast :yum:

Very true... I have enjoyed challah bread French toast in the past...

Jeannie, being half Portuguese, used to have Portuguese sweet bread in her youth.. She was pleased when I told her that Kings Hawaiian has it available..

I will find it for us... :)

Ross

Ross, don't forget to find the Coconut Syrup too ;)
YUM!

GG, my regulation French Toast is made with Challah Bread
fresh from the bakery, and I cut that real thick too :yum:
but that gets a good dose of real Maple Syrup with Turkey Sausages on the side.
Sounds delish :yum: Will you make it for me next time I'm in Arizona? :chef:

It wasn't when we moved here in 2000, Addie. I remember bringing a couple loaves back with us from our trips to Ohio. Thankfully, I can now use that precious car/trunk space for things from the Amish bulk foods store.

It wasn't when we moved here in 2000, Addie. I remember bringing a couple loaves back with us from our trips to Ohio. Thankfully, I can now use that precious car/trunk space for things from the Amish bulk foods store.

Due to the fishing industry in New Bedford, Fall River, Gloucester and Boston, there is a large Portuguese community in these locations. But unfortunately due to Government restrictions on the fishing industries, a lot of them have returned to their native country. Except in New Bedford. Emeril LaGasse grew up in Fall River and a lot of his cooking comes from the Portuguese that taught him to cook as a youngster along with what he learned from his Portuguese mother.
https://www.biography.com/people/emeril-lagasse-9542380

I used to buy Kings Hawaiian Bread, but as the kids grew up and left home, I don't make French toast any more and got into the habit of buying less and less bread. But it was on the list of Sunday morning breakfast along with bacon. I would use the bacon fat to make the French toast in.

King's Hawaiian has been available for at least 30 years in our area. I remember getting it when I used to go to the grocery with my mother, and that was a really long time ago. She absolutely loved KH. Hopefully you won't have to hoard and freeze it from now on.

I love the King's Hawaiian bread, but it hates me. Makes by blood sugar go crazy if I eat it for breakfast. Haven't tried it for supper yet - will have to one day and see if I have to give it up totally.

I had a BLT sandwich for breakfast this AM, made with maple brown sugar bacon, a sliced English cucumber, Dannon Lt & Fit Peach Greek Yogurt, and 2 cups of French Vanilla coffee with splenda an 1/2&1/2.

During the week: I prepare Smoothies of fruit / vegetables .. Today was Carrot with Mango & a tiny piece of Ginger .. And an Espresso ..

Weekends: Today a Croissant with rasberry preserves and French butter with an Espresso and 2 tiny red and Green matte apples ..

Tomorrow ( Sunday), shall be a buffet at the Hotel where my tour group is meeting before a tour.

Breakfast today - 4 slices brown sugar ham rolled in butter lettuce leaves, English cucumber, 1/2 package peanut butter nabs, Dannon Lt & Fit Strawberry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt, & 2 cups French Vanilla coffee with Splenda and 1/2&1/2.

What is everyone else having for breakfast this fine Sunday morning?

I had my breakfast salad. I have wanted to make yeast waffles for awhile. The Elders had those. My Dad thought it was okay. I tasted one, crisper than buttermilk waffles and it still had a bit of the tang you get when eating a buttermilk waffles. Super easy to make.

Just a "basic" Sunday breakfast for us. We had fried local bacon, nice thick stuff, soft scrambled eggs, orange juice, toasted English muffins spread with some of the last of the lemon curd I made last week, and coffee. I'd forgotten how yummy lemon curd is when spread on warm English muffins.

I had huevos rancheros for breakfast that were pretty darn good. They had fried jalapenos as a garnish. Craig didn't like his so much. The potatos weren't quite cooked thru in his corned beef hash. At least they took the hash off the bill of their own volition.

This was our breakfast, today...... scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, tater tots and wheat english muffins.

img_1514171_0_caa92b8425a39dda3df682fac924fdbe.jpg

Oh drool! I'll have your breakfast! Cholesterol laiden heaven

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom