What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately as we grow older and go out into the working world, we no longer make time for breakfast. If Mom isn't there to make it for us, we skip it. As a result we find we no longer think we can eat first thing in the morning. A fast cup of coffee and out the door we go. Then when children come along, the kids are lucky if they get to sit down to breakfast. A Pop Tart on the way out the door with a juice box. Yet if I knocked on your door and said, "Let's go out to breakfast," you all would jump at the idea.

We need to get back to the idea that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Because it is! :angel:

Ruffles baked potato chips and Heluva Good French onion dip.
Those chips are good. They have an underlying Pringles flavor.

Unfortunately as we grow older and go out into the working world, we no longer make time for breakfast. If Mom isn't there to make it for us, we skip it. As a result we find we no longer think we can eat first thing in the morning. A fast cup of coffee and out the door we go. Then when children come along, the kids are lucky if they get to sit down to breakfast. A Pop Tart on the way out the door with a juice box. Yet if I knocked on your door and said, "Let's go out to breakfast," you all would jump at the idea.

We need to get back to the idea that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Because it is! :angel:
I've been working on it <g>. And, it has made a difference in my life.

(Almost) last of the ham, (almost) last of the rye bread, egg and sharp American cheese breakfast sandwich. The slices of this bread are huge, about the size of CT in 100% scale, so I made a two-egg sammie and split it with Himself.

Today was a smoothie with banana, strawberry, and vanilla yogurt.

Yesterday was banana slices with peanut butter and honey on toasted English muffins.

Day before was brown sugar and maple oatmeal with strawberries and almonds.

Before that was scrambled egg with green bell pepper, onion and mushroom and topped with mozzarella. And a side of rye bread and bacon.

Back
Top Bottom