What is the easiest way to crumble grounded chicken in the pot before using as a filling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A few years ago I actually went out and bought another potato masher to do just that. Neither of them worked well for me. :cautious:
Like GG, I use a flat-edged wooden spatula. As a matter of fact, I use two flat-edged wooden spatula. One in each hand and I rat-a-tat-tat around the pan. Very fast and efficient.

Works beautifully! To the point where I even recommend to get a 2nd spatula if you don't already have one. So very much faster.

chicken is much more sticky than beef..

chef john demonstrated using a potatoe masher with beef

but if u say that spatulas better..

1691774130334.png

LOL, Ginny, a friend bought one of those and, like the potato masher... didn't work for her, too frustrating.
It works fine once you get it pretty broken up but by then, well, according to her, you're chasing the lumps all over the place.

Seeing - that's why the two wood spatulas work so well, easy to scrap each flat blade as you go along.
IMHO, I imagine chicken is stickier as there is less fat.

It works really, really well for me. I have one with 6 blades. Burger, sausage, chicken, turkey...makes quick work of them. But, I release my inner frustrations with it...maybe that's the difference? :w00t2:

LOL, Ginny, a friend bought one of those and, like the potato masher... didn't work for her, too frustrating.
It works fine once you get it pretty broken up but by then, well, according to her, you're chasing the lumps all over the place.

Seeing - that's why the two wood spatulas work so well, easy to scrap each flat blade as you go along.
IMHO, I imagine chicken is stickier as there is less fat.
from what i know there is a substance in chicjen that makes it sticky

Seeing - yes, it is very possible, I don't know. What I do know is that with the tools Ginny and msmofet have, they are non-stick surface so the meat will not - should not - stick. The motion they use is pretty much identical to mine.
The chopping motion (my rat-a-tat-tat) with the two wood blades is also a non-stick scenario.

It's really just a matter of what you have, what you are willing to purchase, and ultimately what works for you.

One is not necessarily better than the other.

You have now had 4 testimonials with a 50-50 split.

(of course, GG and I win with combined 36 to 16)

I've always gone with a masher tool while I'm frying it up, usually in a non-stick pan unless i'm specifically trying to develop fond.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom