What's for dinner, Thursday, April 13, 2023?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Irish twice baked potatoes. Cabbage, green onions, Irish cheddar, Irish bacon, half-and-half flavored with dry mustard and bay leaves, and butter of course.

20230413_182939.jpg

Pan fried cod with shoestring potatoes and the last of the cabbage salad leftover from Easter.

This third attempt at pan frying cod worked as well as the first. The secret seems to be a hot pan.

I guess I’m a little bit timid about cooking over high heat. I still hear my mother going on about splattering grease all over the stove. It’s amazing how many of these little messages continue to play in my mind after almost 60 years. 🤭

I'm going to try another new-to-me recipe tonight. It is a "No Chopping" Sheet Pan Chicken Dinner. Chicken, baby carrots and potatoes, some olive oil, herbs, etc...into the oven. I'm a tad skeptical, but at the same time, I can see possibilities. I'll make it pretty much as they say, then decide what to do in the future. :unsure:

I made a stir fry dish for supper. I did it the easy way. I used a pre-made sauce from Blue Dragon. This time I used the Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry Sauce. I used chicken breast and vegis (Broccoli, carrot, green bell pepper, scallions, and limp lettuce). I served that with brown basmati rice. We really enjoyed that.

Attachments

• Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry with Chicken and Vegis.jpg
    Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry with Chicken and Vegis.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry with Chicken and Vegis with Brown Basmati Rice.jpg
    Szechuan Pepper Stir Fry with Chicken and Vegis with Brown Basmati Rice.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Selling trains is exhausting work, I love my brother but I'm growling at his grave right now....
Freezer supper it was. Had made tacos (or fajita?) a while ago and frozen the extra for 2 meals. One container with the meat. And those little soft taco/tortilla bowls/cups are great. 3 are perfect for me. Greek yogurt on top with tomato and cucumber. Yuh use whatever's in the fridge, babe. That's my motto.
20230413_201737.jpg

I packaged them as separate meals, works perfectly. Last one went back in the freezer for another pooped out day.

20230413_203140.jpg

Selling trains is exhausting work, I love my brother but I'm growling at his grave right now....
Freezer supper it was. Had made tacos (or fajita?) a while ago and frozen the extra for 2 meals. One container with the meat. And those little soft taco/tortilla bowls/cups are great. 3 are perfect for me. Greek yogurt on top with tomato and cucumber. Yuh use whatever's in the fridge, babe. That's my motto.
View attachment 64245
I packaged them as separate meals, works perfectly. Last one went back in the freezer for another pooped out day.

View attachment 64246
Looks delicious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom