What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I put the outside up for winter it's done. I see some trash has blown in from the recent storm and it's not enough to put on the gloves.
But, is it spring where you are? This is about spring cleaning. I know I'm not going out there and doing any cleaning for a couple of months. For one thing, there is too much snow to move around and for another, if there is any trash in my yard, I can't see it at the moment. :ROFLMAO:

But, is it spring where you are? This is about spring cleaning. I know I'm not going out there and doing any cleaning for a couple of months. For one thing, there is too much snow to move around and for another, if there is any trash in my yard, I can't see it at the moment. :ROFLMAO:
This is February … Winter. It really does not turn spring here until about middle of May.

Other than 2 for 3 bitter days this winter, every thing else has felt like March. In normal years , we usually have gotten about 10 inches of snow by now. All we got this year was about 1/2 inch (which melted later that day). My mushroom garden has sprouted 3 or 4 times this winter cause its been milld and wet ( rain). Normally I dont get mushrooms from December through March. Many of my bulbs ( tulips, daffodils) are up an inch or two. ne daffodil looks like its it even may flower soon. Just checked the 10 day forecast ( which isn't always accurate ) and other than a few drops below freezing at night, no signs of winter. Hope we dont get hit hard in March, or even an early April snow storm. Doesnt happen often, but occasionally it does.

I've learned to expect one last big dump of really wet snow March/April. Usually gone in about 3 days but always thick enough to have to shovel the walks and driveways.

This always comes after warm weather with plants starting and people thinking of actually putting away the shovels and boots.
It is always still too wet to do anything in the garden. Other than stare and hope it starts to dry up soon... doesn't happen. :blush:

We have a mild Texas zephyr at about 50 mph. It's not cold out but with the wind it feels cold!
I may tie a rope to my middle and anchor it on the doorknob and go out and pick some paperwhites. One needs a sign of spring about now!

It got to 64° here around 4 am! It was in the high 50s and low 60s today. I didn't have much left to do out there, but it was nice most of the day.

It got to 64° here around 4 am! It was in the high 50s and low 60s today. I didn't have much left to do out there, but it was nice most of the day.
If that was your high for the day, then you know it's just some weather passing through. We've been getting that sort of thing.

Our high for the day was at 06h00 and it was 5°C (41°F). It has been snowing lightly on and off all day. It's currently -1°C. It was warm enough that most of our large icicles are much smaller now. That will save us the effort of beating them with a pole to break them off. We don't want them falling on anyone.

Our high for the day was at 06h00 and it was 5°C (41°F). It has been snowing lightly on and off all day. It's currently -1°C. It was warm enough that most of our large icicles are much smaller now. That will save us the effort of beating them with a pole to break them off. We don't want them falling on anyone.
taxy, icicles are usually indicative of ice backing up on your roof, thereby trapping water to run into the attic. Keep an eye on it.

Here in Greater Montreal, we will have highs above freezing for the next six days. Then it will drop to a high of -11°C (12°F) on Saturday. This seems appropriate at the moment.

1676180431156.png

We are going to have a mixed bag of weather this week. Rain coming in tomorrow with possible storms. Later in the week more rain turning over to snow. The birds are turning. Good to know humans are not the only ones fooled about the weather.

This morning started out at 61 degrees at 7 a.m., then the wind came up and the temperature went down. We now have off-and-on rain, strong wind, and no respite predicted.

Back
Top Bottom