What's your weather like right now? 2023 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fool's Spring it may be but I'll take it!

It's also more than little above freezing here. 50 in the sun corner but only 47 walking.

At bedtime last night, the doorbell camera sounded an alarm for movement on the porch. Odd, so we went to check it out and found that there were snowflakes, gently floating onto the porch. This morning, we found a bit of snow on the ground and everything seemed so peaceful.

IMG_7049.jpg

55° today, and 65 and 66 degrees forecast for the next two days! Only one cold morning in the 10-day, getting down to 29°, but most lows are around what the highs are for this time. Crazy weather, for February.

Contemplated taking the dog for a walk until I saw how the trees were whipping around... hmmm, think I'll stay inside but it's a shame as it is a beautiful 56 f.

Edit: think I will also move away from my window. Just watched a deck chair crash into the wall beside me.

Last edited:
Contemplated taking the dog for a walk until I saw how the trees were whipping around... hmmm, think I'll stay inside but it's a shame as it is a beautiful 56 f.

Edit: think I will also move away from my window. Just watched a deck chair crash into the wall beside me.
Stay safe.

Already 62° here, at 1:30 pm, forecast to get to 66°, today and tomorrow. Incredibly sunny - hard to see out there, I've gotten so used to those dark and gloomy days we had!

Already 62° here, at 1:30 pm, forecast to get to 66°, today and tomorrow. Incredibly sunny - hard to see out there, I've gotten so used to those dark and gloomy days we had!
That's what I like about the dark and gloomy days. Easier on the eyes and less like to cause a headache or trigger a migraine.

It's a beautiful day in southeastern Virginia today. The sun is peeking through the clouds right now and there's a light breeze. I'm watching a pair of mourning doves build a nest on top of one of our porch columns, under the roof.
Screenshot_20230215-155152_WeatherBug.jpg

While I was outside it got to 68°, around 4 pm. I wish it hadn't been so windy, and I wish I had more to do out there! Next two days rain is forecast, on and off, and late Friday night is the only low forecast below freezing, but the highs still well above average, which is 42° around this time.

Our high temperature today was 56°, with a predicted high of 59° tomorrow. Pitchers and catchers reported to spring training in Goodyear AZ today, where it was a brisk 55 degrees.

It's gonna warm over night. Spring is here! Throw up the hammock & line it with an artic sleeping bag … sleep outdoors. The trees are gone??? It didn't happen when we were forecast to get 80 mph winds. Power workers trimmed back the limbs to prevent power outages.

Got down to 27° behind my house last night, and forecast for 46° today - 1° higher than average, for this date. Back to the warmer temps tomorrow, and the long term forecast doesn't give another "cold day" until next Saturday! Crazy weather.

We're suppose to get a lot of rain tomorrow. The weatherman smiled teasingly then said maybe some hail! Our neighboring states are getting snow. We're getting blizzard winds but no snow Thursday. I don't feel left out but I miss the sun!

Can't make up its mind to stay below or above freezing. So depending - it will either be snow or freezing rain. Plus the wind.
I'll be able to get the Grands to school and run for the grocers before it starts, then I'll just hunker down for the week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom