What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GinnyPNW

Master Chef
Brrrrr....I'm wearing long undies inside the house!

1704299704781.png

Brrrrr....I'm wearing long undies inside the house!

View attachment 67432
Where we live and what we expect in terms of weather make a huge difference in perception. No long Janes for me yet. We don't consider this cold (well the daytime temps at least), just not warm.

1704333425515.png

And in Fahrenheit, to make it easier for the Yanks to understand:

1704333520389.png

Thanks, Taxy! After a cup of coffee, I figured out the problem and called the HVAC guys. They will be here tomorrow. When I got up, the thermostat read 59F. It never got above 65 all day, even though I had it set higher...and it always get to the set point within a very few minutes. Sigh. Fortunately, this is a new heat pump and it is fully covered for 10 years!

Talking to my sister today. She was saying it's ruddy cold! 59 F. She's in Florida at the moment but she laughed and said if she had been back in Oklahoma, (her summer place) she would consider it warm!

It's all relevant, eh?

It's predicted to go down to around 20 f/-5 celcius here from sunday on. It's been wet a lot the past week and will probably allow for ice skating next week and possibly snow. Not great for my rheumatic joints.

Wisconsin USA 28 deg F and the good news is we might get some accumulating snow this week-end. After a Christmas without snow, boo hoo, some snow will be fun. I'm planning on building a snowman as soon as we have some good packing snow.

just got in from the storm, ill advised 30 mile trip for food , it started snowing and blowin, a tire went flat, grabbed a can of fix a flat from walmart and made a dash for home.
Just got 1000 tea bags delivered today, PG Tips.

It's going on 2 years here now, with no "measurable" snow (1" or more), so a week ago, people here were freaking out about the possible storm, they were forecasting for this weekend. Seemed like every day, the likelihood was less and less for this area, and when it finally started snowing here, about 1:15 pm, it wasn't heavy, and was already 37°, and it had changed to rain less than an hour later. Not hard yet, but it is supposed to get hard later, with yellow and orange in the radar tonight and in the morning, with 1-2" of rain. That's what will be going farther north, to give them some snow! And later next week, Tues into Wednesday, maybe even more, with no chance of snow in this area, as it is supposed to get into the 50s.

We have a a bit of a snow dumping, first of the season coming right now. Scheduled from 5:00 pm through the morning with an accumulation of around 10 centimeters or around 4".

It's going on 2 years here now, with no "measurable" snow (1" or more), so a week ago, people here were freaking out about the possible storm, they were forecasting for this weekend. Seemed like every day, the likelihood was less and less for this area, and when it finally started snowing here, about 1:15 pm, it wasn't heavy, and was already 37°, and it had changed to rain less than an hour later. Not hard yet, but it is supposed to get hard later, with yellow and orange in the radar tonight and in the morning, with 1-2" of rain. That's what will be going farther north, to give them some snow! And later next week, Tues into Wednesday, maybe even more, with no chance of snow in this area, as it is supposed to get into the 50s.
Ditto!

I honestly feel cheated without 1 good snow in the winter.

January and February are our two months of Winter in Texas. Right now, it is cold -- 30s at night, and it was 48F for the high today.

We usually get one week of really nasty weather, including some snow, or even worse, and ice storm. That's not in the forecast for the next couple of weeks, but it will hit us suddenly, if it is a normal winter. Hopefully not like the infamous "Big Freeze" of 2021 that took the Texas power grid down.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom