What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
First significant snow of the season!

It seems good to have soup simmering on the stove and steam streaming down the kitchen window.

View attachment 67476

Tonight I’m making the basic recipe on the bag but this soup is great with the addition of some chopped kale or similar sturdy greens.
I love that soup mix! Generally, I don't use the seasoning packet but will toss in a smocked ham hock and some kale. I also add a tablespoon or so of the veggie better than bouillon. So good!

Thanks Aunt Bea, gonna have to look for that mix. Don't usually make that kind but might try it especially for when the family comes in late of a Friday evening after "Kids Strong" activity (an activity group for 3 yrs olds)

Mostly just cloudy. Very slight chance of snow this morning (15%).
By Tuesday we will have a mix of snow and rain. Wish it was one or the other!
and by Wednesday it will be all rain.

Yah! Come to Canada! Great White North!..... not.

It's definitely winter here on the Island of Montreal. Looking at the top of my back fence and my grill, there seems to be 3"-4" accumulation of snow.

1704655331341.png

It looks like I only got about 1¼" of rain yesterday - seemed like more, though it only rained hard briefly. It finally stopped this morning, and didn't freeze overnight, and not supposed to tonight, either. I have to go out tomorrow, to pick up some medication from the pharmacy - 1st time in 3 months, so I had sort of forgotten about it! Except taking it 3 times a day. :LOL: I really don't need any food, but I might go to Aldis, since the weather is going downhill again Tuesday and Wednesday, and they are forecasting another storm Friday into Saturday - I'm lucky all this rain I'm getting is not snow!

I thought I was hearing the thunder they are forecasting, but not yet - it was neighbor's trash cans blowing around! I am lucky I went out early this morning, before it rained much, and brought mine back, and put some bricks in them - something I do whenever they are predicting bad winds. The rain has let up, around 5:30, but that's just a brief lull, and the worst is around 10 pm, when a long squall line is shown in the radar, which might be bringing down some trees - they're worried about the ground being so soaked from these previous rains, that the roots are not holding them well. They are warning about possible widespread power outages, for this reason.

I hope everyone is OK out there, in the snow and rain areas!

OK, the thunder is here, at 6:11. A thunderstorm in January!

It's been snowing since 10 pm last night, still snowing today at 6:30 pm, and we have 5-6 inches. The wind is starting to pick up and it's cold out there. I rolled 3 balls for a snowman then we assembled him, packing snow around the neck and waist. I put the nose/mouth/eyes/buttons on him. Tomorrow I'll get a hat or scarf on him and take pictures in daylight. We put him by the bird waterer (aka old wok), so the birds and snowman can hang out together. :-p

It snowed all afternoon and into the early evening. Then, it switched to ice pellets and maybe to freezing rain. It switched back to light snow and now it's not doing any of that precipitation stuff.

And now I am not sleeping.

Our basement flooded - which is unsettling. We do have a pretty zippy little portable pump so the water did not go everywhere this time. That being said, the basement does not flood often - like 10 times in 30 years....but I am starting to consider a sump pump. I don't have one, but sheesh. I don't want to worry about water.

And now I am not sleeping.

Our basement flooded - which is unsettling. We do have a pretty zippy little portable pump so the water did not go everywhere this time. That being said, the basement does not flood often - like 10 times in 30 years....but I am starting to consider a sump pump. I don't have one, but sheesh. I don't want to worry about water.
Sorry to hear it, hope it resolves itself soon ! 🙏

Here I got about 3" of rain yesterday and early this morning - imagine if that was snow! Temperature is down to 48°, and, while not sunny yet, it is somewhat brighter out there, and it is still "mostly cloudy" all day, but no more rain, and that wind is still gusting to 40 mph.

36F right now. 9PM last night it started to slush. The world was all white at 3AM. It is raining now, so snow should be gone soon. More is expected, later this week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom