What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now it is 9 F, going up to 15 then 11 tonight. Yesterday was H 18 and L4 F. Maybe the big storm every one was screaming about went around us. Other than the wind only a slight sprinkle of snow.

1705338208172.png

We're within a couple of hours of ea h other... and we'll be having rain next week...:confused: not sure which I would prefer.
We are having about the same weather as you are, but maybe 2 degrees (F) higher.

Right now it is 9 F, going up to 15 then 11 tonight. Yesterday was H 18 and L4 F. Maybe the big storm every one was screaming about went around us. Other than the wind only a slight sprinkle of snow.

When I got out of bed this morning, it was 9F/-13C here, too... in Texas. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground.

At 3PM, it is currently sunny and 24F/-4C.

This happens once or twice here every year. The worst was the "Big Freeze" of February 2021. The Texas power grid collapsed. At least 246 people were killed directly or indirectly, with some estimates as high as 702 killed as a result of the grid failure.

Texas is not part of the national power grid, because that would require Texas to comply with federal regulations, and "Texas don't believe in no big gubment regulashuns."

CD

Update - as of 11:30, I am officially no longer in a snow draught! It had snowed just over an inch, though it might switch over to sleet or rain, later on. It finally started accumulating on my walks, and it's up to about half an inch there. First time for "measurable snow" in 715 days.

It got down to 11F last night. Tied a record for the day. The snow is gone, but it didn't melt. After the snow passed through, the air got so dry, it evaporated. The streets never got wet -- the snow just vanished over time.

CD

We are at 18F right now. We are supposed to get over freezing tomorrow afternoon, for the first time since last Friday afternoon.

CD

Back
Top Bottom