What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually I gave the glasses I picked up at the library (free) to my son and family. They are traveling back from Florida right now. Had only reached West Virginia around noon - traffic seems to be horrific - they assume it is due to the eclipse. People are heading the same way they are to see if they can see anything.

But I'm not disappointed. I've seen partial ones. I actually remember them from '79 ( I didn't see it but remember the hype) and even the one in '17. So I'm not too worried about missing this one.

I'm more anxious to see that bread rise - the one I refrigerated a couple of days ago to bake today. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... it's just sitting there looking at me... doing nothing.

L:LOL:L, the eclipse is just starting here and cars are pulled over to the sides of roads and people out with their little glasses. BECAUSE THE CLOUDS PARTED JUST IN TIME FOR THE START.

Same here. It was cloudy all morning. There was a big cloud blocking the sun ten minutes before totality, but it moved out just in time. Here is my backyard at 1:42PM. The backyard lights that are on photocells came on.

1712603562496.jpeg

CD

AWK! never thought to take a picture of the back yard and front. I must say it was neat.

did you get a picture looking up?

I guess everyone that paid for a hotel room was happy.

We didn’t see a total. But we did see it get down to a crescent. It got darker but not nighttime dark. It looked kind of eerie and got cooler and windy.

AWK! never thought to take a picture of the back yard and front. I must say it was neat.

did you get a picture looking up?

I guess everyone that paid for a hotel room was happy.

I did get some photos with my pro camera leading up to the few minutes of total eclipse, but as I mentioned in the eclipse thread, when the actual few minutes of totality happened, I had to scramble to change my camera settings, which I had been warned about by other professional photographers. I'm not sure how good those shots will be.

CD

I had to make a quick run to the store around 8:30 last night, and sure enough, it rained on my clean car. As soon as I got my car back in the garage, the rain stopped, of course.

We got some heavy storms around 3AM. It actually woke me up. Laying in bed, I got hungry, and went to the kitchen to toast a bagel. The rain was coming down in buckets. Some parts of North Texas got some flooding. My city (Frisco) doesn't flood. We have dry retention ponds in every neighborhood tied into the storm drain system that can hold a lot of water until the rain stops, and the system can catch up. It does a great job of preventing flash floods that are common on the prairies of North Texas.

We have more big storms coming later today. There is a tornado watch in effect right now South of Dallas -- I'm North of Dallas. They are predicting large hail, so my car will NOT be leaving the garage.

CD

It got to 79° here today, warmest day since sometime last October. Rain starting in the morning, but the worst is coming Thursday, into Friday, and we might get an inch or so over the next 3 days. Staying around 70°, and higher than average lows, as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom