What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are in our fourth house. We have never parked even one car outside the garage from Day One in any house, except for the night before a garage sale. We have junk. It just ends up in the basement! 😆

No residential basements here. The ground is too unstable. So, stuff accumulates in the garages.

Big buildings can go underground with basements and parking, because they go deep enough to hit sedimentary rock that is very stable.

CD

Last edited:
Our weather, or at least the temperatures, has been on a yo-yo. 60+ one day, coating of snow the next. We are finally south enough from Lake Erie that we shouldn't have any lake effect snow. After decades of 57"+ being the average, and 100+ not being unusual, we now might end up with 30" of snow all winter. 😀

Right now it's 39 and clear. High tomorrow expected to be in the low 60s and sunny.

Our weather, or at least the temperatures, has been on a yo-yo. 60+ one day, coating of snow the next. We are finally south enough from Lake Erie that we shouldn't have any lake effect snow. After decades of 57"+ being the average, and 100+ not being unusual, we now might end up with 30" of snow all winter. 😀

Right now it's 39 and clear. High tomorrow expected to be in the low 60s and sunny.

The next few days are supposed to be sunny, with nighttime temperatures in the 40s. I am really tempted to go camping. That's good sleeping weather.

CD

It was another sunny and 80F day, today. There is a chance of rain and storms tonight, but the bigger chances are on Thursday.

We are heading into storm season. That means hail. My next door neighbors have two Mercedes, and a garage full of stuff, so both are parked outside. Across the street, they have two BMWs and a MINI, and only one of the BMWs is in the garage, due again to junk in the garage. A few doors down, they have a Range Rover and a BMW, both outside. I guess the junk is worth more to them than the expensive cars.

I also am worried about my sister and mom in Houston. Right now, Atlantic and Gulf waters in the hurricane development zone are where they should be in June. Any hurricanes that form could me monsters with all that warm water to fuel them.

Meanwhile, unseasonably warm weather and winds in West Texas have taken the Smokehouse Creek fire to 1,078,000 acres, equivalent to about 1,700 square miles.

2024 could be a pretty rough weather related year for Texas.

CD
I see similar things in the great white north.

It’s not uncommon for people to abuse an expensive luxury car during or after a blizzard.

A day or two later the snow is gone but the dents, dings and scrapes remain.

Sometimes, the logical thing to do is just stay home and enjoy another cup of coffee.

More rain...for today and the next 3 days. Over 3" forecast. Friday is the first possibly clear day in the forecast. Below average temps, but fortunately, no low temperatures below 37-38°. Hopefully no more freezing the rest of the season.

It was warm and humid yesterday. A front rolled through yesterday evening, with thunderstorms. It is about 20 degrees cooler today.

CD

Now, after the constant rain, up to about 10 am, with a brief break, on and off, at 2 pm, I am hearing thunder. And rain is coming down hard! Not supposed to stop 'til after around 6:00 pm. Well over an inch already, plus the inch yesterday. And they are predicting over 1¼" for tomorrow, before tapering off Thursday. And it still hasn't gotten to 50° today.

damn pepper, you growing webs between your toes?

Sent my son a message that I wanted to trade places. Cold and rainy here - they are all in the pool there.. (Florida)

Rain and snow here for the next few days.

Clearing on Monday just in time for the eclipse!

The hype over the eclipse is getting tedious.

One of the neighboring counties is declaring a state of emergency because they believe the population of the county will double with weekend visitors and gawkers.

Several local businesses are closing for a half hour so their employees can take a break and witness the event.

Weather is forecast to have 4 inches of snow in the next 12 hours, another 4 making 8 in the next 12 hours, another 1 in the next 24 hours, totaling 9. Some is snow and some is snow showers.
AND we have a warning for flooding in the lower fox river which might close off some roads.
We voted this morning but now I'm staying home. :D

Well, we're truly into a typical spring for our area. Hot, hot, warm, cold, rain, wind. Choose one from the menu. However, we also have to be cognizant of heavy storms/tornadoes, which is why we have had a tornado watch for the major portion of our afternoon.

There have been some touchdowns, but not near us and nothing terribly damaging.

We'll see what tonight brings.

Rain and snow here for the next few days.

Clearing on Monday just in time for the eclipse!

The hype over the eclipse is getting tedious.

One of the neighboring counties is declaring a state of emergency because they believe the population of the county will double with weekend visitors and gawkers.

Several local businesses are closing for a half hour so their employees can take a break and witness the event.

All the hotels in the Dallas area are booked solid for the eclipse.

The big unknown is the weather. There is a chance of rain, but not a big chance. Depending where you happen to be at the time of total eclipse, you may or may not miss it due to clouds. I will feel bad for anyone who bought plane tickets and booked a hotel room for this, and doesn't get to experience it.

I think it is great that employers are giving people a break for the eclipse. For a lot of people, this will be a once in a lifetime experience.

CD

Where I am, I should get something like 30 seconds of total eclipse just outside my door. I'm not getting worked up about it, but I did buy some of those cardboard eclipse glasses. At the moment the weather prediction is for clear skies for the eclipse. I won't hold my breath. If I get to see it, great, if not, oh well.

And currently, it has been warm by Montreal spring standards. High today of 10°C. We are expecting snow to start Wednesday afternoon and last until some time Friday. We might get 20 cm.

I woke up this morning, and it was 65F inside my house. It is only 63F outside at noon, but sunny.

Speaking of noon, it is the first Wednesday of the month at noon, so I am being treated to a symphony of Tornado sirens. They do a test every month on the first Wednesday at noon.

CD

We only got a light coating of snow mid afternoon yesterday and we lost electricity. So after a couple cribbage games we went shopping and got home at 9 pm and within minutes the electric is back on, thank God. We've got a slushy inch on the ground right now, with continuing snow/slush today and tomorrow.

It has been raining heavily, on and off all day today, with wicked wind, and around 3:30, while I was in the kitchen making some bread dough, there was a very loud thunder clap, followed by a very long rumble, that didn't want to stop! It didn't hang around here for long, probably that line they predicted coming through here (they had it must worse down south, where it came from), with the narrow line of red in the radar. Not supposed to clear out until after 8 pm sometime, with mostly green, and some yellow, but looks like the worst is through now. Still, more rain, on and off tomorrow predicted. Will probably have over 4" total this week.

Here, on Montreal Island, it's currently 1°C. It started raining at about 18:00 (6PM). Now, it is snowing and starting to accumulate. Environment Canada says to expect 15-25 cm of wet, heavy snow. The Weather Whisperer says to expect between 25 and 50 cm of wet, heavy snow. He's usually right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom