What's your weather right now? 2024 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rules? Or preferences?

It's different with children, of course. I have no problem with it, either. I was just curious.

Except that weather conditions can be very different depending on the topography. Sicily by the beach is not going to be anything like the middle of the southern Apennine Mountains, just like the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia have a different climate from the flatlands near the ocean, where I am. Remember that I'm married to a guy who majored in geology, minored in Earth science, served in the Navy and was deployed to the Mediterranean twice, then taught Earth science, oceanography, meteorology and experimental design. We like precision here 🤣

View attachment 68101
Yup, that added layer of context is useful. I have always been cautious about giving out too much info on the interwebs. If you notice my location, it's "near Montreal". I don't think that is too specific, considering the number of people who live in Greater Montreal, but it certainly makes a lot of contextual info available.

Got up to 51° today, after the slow rain stopped (more annoying than anything, as only about ¼" fell). Tomorrow, however, 40° is the forecast high, with a windy day to go with it, then the temps start going up again, eventually getting a high of 64°, Wednesday or Thursday. 46° is the avg high for this area for this date.

Yup, that added layer of context is useful. I have always been cautious about giving out too much info on the interwebs. If you notice my location, it's "near Montreal". I don't think that is too specific, considering the number of people who live in Greater Montreal, but it certainly makes a lot of contextual info available.

Also because these forums can be read by ANYONE all over the world even if they are not members. I don't think any of us would like to reveal our exact positions to the whole universe🙄.

According to the Weather app it is 10 F at the moment but my outside thermometer is reading 8 F. Still chilly in either case! Should reach a high of 28 which is a lot chillier than yesterday's hight of 49 F. But also supposed to be nice and sunny like yesterday too so that's OK by me.

Also because these forums can be read by ANYONE all over the world even if they are not members. I don't think any of us would like to reveal our exact positions to the whole universe🙄.
No one asked for your exact position. This is getting rather silly.

After a couple days of rain, we have a sunny day with an expected high temperature of 50F. A beautiful spring day.

February 26, and a high of 94F today. But, it'll be 40 degrees cooler in two days.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.12.51 AM.png

1708964379047.png

CD

Got to 28° here overnight, not as cold as the night before, which was 21° (much colder in surrounding areas) - coldest night in February, but today the forecast high is 58°, which is about 12° above average of 46°, which is about where we got to yesterday. The warmth from the west is heading this way, with one day forecast at 68°!

We have a high of 66F here in southeastern Virginia today. We're supposed to get 71 along with rain on Wednesday, then back down to more seasonable temperatures in the 50s.

I think it got well over that 58° they predicted for today. Only supposed to get to 42° tonight - about 20° above the last two nights. The high tomorrow is supposed to be well over 60°, but rain is supposed to start up in late afternoon, and continue on and off through Wednesday. Wednesday is supposed to be more than 20° above average, while Thursday is supposed to be slightly below average! Crazy weather.

I think this February has been the warmest of all time, this afternoon 18 Celsius ( 64F?), more or less the same the whole of this month! Our climate's gone crazy, too😮!!!

I woke up at 6:15AM today, and heard what sounded like sleet hitting my bedroom window. I looked at my phone, and it was 39F outside, but just had to look outside. Sure enough, it was sleeting outside. It melted immediately upon hitting the ground, but it did make it all the way to the ground.

Now, it gets stranger. Driving around town today around 3:30PM, I was sitting at a red light, and sleet started bouncing off the hood of my car. I checked, and it was 48F outside! It lasted until after I got home, which was about ten minutes after I first saw it hitting my hood.

Oh, tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny and 72F. On Saturday... 82F. :huh:

CD

Our weather has gone crazy too. It was warm (for February in Quebec) and raining, which changed to snow while the temperature dropped 22°C (nearly 40°F) in six hours. Yeah, there were a lot of puddles that froze over and became a hazard. Oh and the wind went crazy too. It made some impressive noise. I really did not enjoy taking out the garbage in pelting rain with the wind whipping around. But, I didn't want to leave it until all the puddles and pools of water turned to ice. Thank goodness we didn't lose power. The lights did flicker a few times. Over 158,000 customers (households and businesses) lost power.

A whole lot of temperature records (in degrees C, of course) were broken yesterday. According to Environment Canada (these are all cities/towns in Quebec):

Bagotville: 7.7 / old 7,4 in 2000

Baie-Comeau: 7.4 / old 4.7 in 2000

Beauceville: 11.6 / old 11.1 in 1998

Blanc-Sablon: 5.5 / old 5.2 in 1979

Cap-Chat: 13.9 / old 5.6 in 1971

Chibougamau: 6.8 / old 4.4 1954

Drummondville: 14.1 / old 10.0 in 1998

Gatineau: 15.1 / old 7.8 in 2018

Granby: 15.8 / old 12.2 1954

L'Assomption: 12.6 / old 9.5 in 2000

Longueuil: 13.2 / old 7.9 in 2018

Mirabel: 12.2 / old 7.3 in 2018

Mont-Joli: 10.8 / old 9.8 in 2000

Parent: 9.1 / old 7.3 in 2004

Rivière-du-Loup: 9.6 / old 5.0 in 1999

Roberval: 9.8 / old 7.8 in 1914

Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu: 13.3 / old 10.3 in 2018

Shawinigan: 10.2 / old 5.1 in 2018

Sherbrooke: 14.0 / old 12.9 in 1998

Trois-Rivières: 11.5 / old 6.7 in 1929

Val-d'Or: 7.1 / old 5.8 in 2017

It was 48 degrees Fahrenheit here today. I continually feel cheated by having very little winter. I want three months of it! So on March 17, we will be here:
1709255069305.png

Winter, we are coming for you!

It was 48 degrees Fahrenheit here today. I continually feel cheated by having very little winter. I want three months of it! So on March 17, we will be here:
View attachment 68198
Winter, we are coming for you!
So, you are heading for Alaska? Have a great trip. Will it be to Coldfoot or somewhere else in Alaska?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom