Would you.. Scramble Your Eggs in a Spoonful of Thai Curry Paste?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh--as to your cooker. It's not the cord it's probably the heatinmg element. There are still a few people abot who can repair things, and replacing the resistance wire, if not the entire element, might be possible. I, too, am a tad sentimental about old kitchen friends.

I'm rescuing it from the bin. The more I think about it the more likely it is the power cord prongs that were just not sitting in the outlet properly. So I will give it a try again. It has been extremely handy for me with my 'basement' cooking.

I pray for its rescue. If the prongs are solid, one-piece jobs, very careful bend with needlenose pliers may do the job If they're the type made of a brass strip folded over on itself, wedging a screwdriver between the strips can spread them enough for firm contact. Good luck.

Rescued, washed, pampered and put back to work. Just used my fingers to ever-so-lightly, barely a fraction, tiny-itty-bit of a bend, a smidgen of a fraction to one of the prongs. Felt it being more snug sliding into the outlet.
Do you realize that this thing is about 60 or maybe even 70 years old. Don't mak'em like they used to!

Thank you obillo, I had doubts about tossing it and your push was just what I needed to rescue it. Garbage pick-up is this morning. Nick of time!

And thank you, dragnlaw, for the knife/egg trick. Tried it this morning on my breakfast egg; worked perfectly first try. Will alternate w/my one-hand/hard surface approach, which I cling to because it allows me the illusion of competence.

Why not? I prefer Frank's Original red hot sauce myself.

51955901392_519f26a9a9_m.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom