Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought myself one of these. If it doesn't work for long it only cost just under $7.00. Not a big loss.

turbo_blue_torch.jpg

I got one too - on sale - still cost about 25$ - worked once and now I can't get it to refill.

Is this deja vu? have I posted this before? :huh:

I got one too - on sale - still cost about 25$ - worked once and now I can't get it to refill.

Is this deja vu? have I posted this before? :huh:
I saw your post. That's why I got mine at Lowes. For a very cheap price.

so glad you saw it and saved yourself some money. deja vu really does exist! LOL

I may make a second attempt to refill it. Little sucker comes in handy for lots of things.

Having struggled with a lack of freezer space, in our apartment fridge, I ordered a Kismile 2.1 Cu.ft Compact Upright Freezer from Amazon. (not one available in any of our stores here. :ermm:)

Supposed to arrive today. :)

Ross

Attachments

• Compact Upright Freezer.jpg
    Compact Upright Freezer.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 72
Having struggled with a lack of freezer space, in our apartment fridge, I ordered a Kismile 2.1 Cu.ft Compact Upright Freezer from Amazon. (not one available in any of our stores here. :ermm:)

Supposed to arrive today. :)

Ross

Ross, is this the same type of freezer that K-L and SousChef had that sprung a leak all over the guest room carpet? :ohmy:

Ross, is this the same type of freezer that K-L and SousChef had that sprung a leak all over the guest room carpet? :ohmy:

I'm not aware of that incident.
This freezer has no water line for a leak to come from. Its manual cleaning so, I suppose that with an ice buildup and loss of power, that could happen. I doubt that I will allow an ice buildup tho.

Ross

You remembered the disaster wrong Kgirl. We love our little freezer and it never did spring a leak at all, and is still going strong. We love ours.

What you are remembering is us returning home from vacation, to a package of shrimp on the floor beside the freezer! ACCCCKKKK...what a stinking mess that was!
Human error, not the fault of the freezer.

Last edited:
You remembered the disaster wrong Kgirl. We love our little freezer and it never did spring a leak at all, and is still going strong. We love ours.

What you are remembering is us returning home from vacation, to a package of shrimp on the floor beside the freezer! ACCCCKKKK...what a stinking mess that was!

:ROFLMAO::LOL: From the internet:
Paul Harvey
The minute I say, “Paul Harvey,” you can already say it, “And now you know the rest of the story!” Talk about a radio icon—Paul Harvey was one for sure. ;)

Ross

Mea Culpa!
It took 4 months and four pounds of Baking Soda plus some special deodorizer to get rid of the smell:(

:doh:
And so I did K-L :stuart: It's that dang OFD, Ole Fart Dangit :LOL:

I finally bought myself a sous vide! I copied down the prices, so I could compare them on Prime Day(s), and had been looking at them, and their reviews, for a long time. I also looked at Walmart and Target, but they had much higher sous vide prices to start with, and no deals to compete with Amazon.

Here's the one I got:
https://www.ink-bird.com/products-sous-vide-cooker-isv100w.html

I figured Ink Bird is relatively new in this maket, but is well known in the thermometer and temperature control market, so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Amazon had it just over $80, but the prime day brought it down to just over $63, so it was 20% off, and $80 was lower than anywhere else.

I finally bought myself a sous vide! I copied down the prices, so I could compare them on Prime Day(s), and had been looking at them, and their reviews, for a long time. I also looked at Walmart and Target, but they had much higher sous vide prices to start with, and no deals to compete with Amazon.

Here's the one I got:
https://www.ink-bird.com/products-sous-vide-cooker-isv100w.html

I figured Ink Bird is relatively new in this maket, but is well known in the thermometer and temperature control market, so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

Amazon had it just over $80, but the prime day brought it down to just over $63, so it was 20% off, and $80 was lower than anywhere else.

:clap:

Great deal! You'll have lots of fun. Consider downloading SV apps from Joule and Anova and others. Even though they don't support your specific brand, they have good food tips and info on cooking different things.

Also, Seriouseats.com as a load of great info on SV.

Finally, I seen some really good videos on Youtube. Look for "Sous Vide Everything".

Thanks Andy! I was definitely considering those apps of Anova and Joule, since they've been around a lot longer, and I'm sure they have some good info. One thing I don't have to worry about buying is bags - I have countless 8" wide rolls of plastic for my Foodsaver, down in the basement!

so glad you saw it and saved yourself some money. deja vu really does exist! LOL

I may make a second attempt to refill it. Little sucker comes in handy for lots of things.

I had a refillable one, and it was a PITA to refill. I now have one that uses replaceable canisters of butane. Much easier, and stronger, too. You can also adjust the flame.

CD

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpg
    Unknown-1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 76
HOLY COW!!!!

Amazon seems to have a gazillion of them! unless they are all the same group being duplicated over and over again! (which they often do - just to confuse me)

Attachments

• say what.png
    say what.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 103
  • which which.jpg
    which which.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 83
  • Please please.jpg
    Please please.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 86
I had a refillable one, and it was a PITA to refill. I now have one that uses replaceable canisters of butane. Much easier, and stronger, too. You can also adjust the flame.

CD
That looks and sounds perfect.

Can you post a link to that make/model/brand? prettyplease.gif

Back
Top Bottom