2020 Edition - What are you baking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a loaf of our favorite Country White bread, but you've seen enough photos of that. How about a picture of the apple galette that's still cooling?

IMG_20200921_215533530.jpg

First run cake. I haven't made a layer cake in I can't remember how long. I'll try to get a picture of a slice when we cut it.

Lemon Layer cake with lemon cream cheese buttercream frosting (homemade lemon curd and sliced strawberries in layers.

lemon_cake_whole_092520_IMG_7184.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking cake Ms M.

Made a pan of apple squares this afternoon. Actually could not find McIntosh apples at the grocery yesterday. Used cortlands instead.

Great looking cake Ms M.

Made a pan of apple squares this afternoon. Actually could not find McIntosh apples at the grocery yesterday. Used cortlands instead.

The goods.

Attachments

• 60BF60C4-1420-4978-9505-D4117C15F8DC_1_105_c.jpg
    60BF60C4-1420-4978-9505-D4117C15F8DC_1_105_c.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 47
Looks good Guys!

Yesterday was DH's birthday, and rather than bake him
a cake, I made Meyer Lemon Pie.

IMG_6396.jpg

IMG_6398.jpg

IMG_6402.jpg

I bought a 6 inch Pyrex Pie dish and really wanted
to try this recipe in that. A regulation sized pan
is just too much Pie for the two of us, we never finish
it before it goes south.

I wasn't real happy with the edge of the crust,
but, we'll try this again. At least this time I
remembered to write stuff down as I went along.

I DO like the way the Meringue came out!
I used a Wilton 1M open star tip,
BEAUTIFUL!
:chef:
Even if I do say so myself :blush: :LOL:

Kgrl, Beautiful pie!

GG, those rolls look wonderful! Have you posted the recipe before?
Thank you. Next time I'll add more herbs. It's hard to tell sometimes when there's too much rosemary [emoji16]

I haven't posted it because I haven't made it before. DH gave me a new bread machine for Christmas and I haven't baked much during the summer. I used it to make the dough and do the first rise, then shaped the rolls, let rise again and baked them.

SO doesn't like my English muffins. She says they don't have any "nooks and crannies". The power of advertising.

Nooks and crannies are overrated. I find English muffins like that hard to butter evenly.

In my book the whole purpose of 'nooks and crannies' are to allow more butter/jam etc. per muffin. :pig: :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom