Immersion blender recommended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as soon as they came out, i bought one. there was no choice then. years later, dd got one for her new apt and it came apart to be washed. pretty nice. i said when i needed to replace mine i'd get one like that, but it's going strong for like 25 years now.

also mine is white which i hate since it always looks dirty. i prefer black or silver.

as soon as they came out, i bought one. there was no choice then. years later, dd got one for her new apt and it came apart to be washed. pretty nice. i said when i needed to replace mine i'd get one like that, but it's going strong for like 25 years now.

also mine is white which i hate since it always looks dirty. i prefer black or silver.

I think I have the same one. A white, one piece Braun. Still works good but now it’s off white. I hate washing it. About 4 years ago DD bought me the new two piece version with attachments. Also a Braun and I love it.

Looking for advice or is it advise? Either one of those ;) just give me your opinion, please.
Here's the distinction: adivCe is what you want; adviSe is what I'm going to do. Which is to say get one w/at least a which/whipping attachment. I prefer a 'hard click' switch, one that clicks on and stays on. 'Dead man' switches, which turn off if you let up on them, are tedious to use. Amazon with have zillions to choose from. Look them over and read the reviews--and never neglect the 1- and 2-star reviews. Ignore SHORT reviews; prefer those that are detailed and seem to be the product of intelligence and experience.

Does anyone have recommendations for stick blenders, please? I only make CP soap and liquid soap for home use (and presents) so don’t make large batches at a time. My present blender gets a bit hot when mixing CP soaps (4lbs oils) so I think that I may need a more powerful one. Thank you.
I would haunt the thrift shops and garage sales for inexpensive used immersion blenders.

Another thought would be a trip to the home center for an inexpensive electric paint or mortar stirrer.

s9sqwsaac_0749193.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know what CP Soap is but from he sounds of 4 lbs of oils I would say Aunt Bea's suggestion is the best. I have a stirrer for paint, etc. as in her picture but it is an attachment for an electric drill, rather than a stand-alone tool.

I use a cheap proctor silex one with a small spinning blade, the good part is that it's lasted a long time and it was cheap. It is sealed on the bottom so no fluid goes up the shaft.
I also have a farberware one and liquid goes up the shaft and it was more expensive and I wouldn't recommend it.

CP soap is Cold process soap. You take oils and fats with different saponafication values, calculate the amount of water and lye you want to use, then prepare them and get them to the right temperature (fairly cool process), and stir by hand or use a hand blender to get them to a certain thickness ('trace'), pour into molds. You'll have soap. That's it in a nutshell.

hmmm... think I'll stick with the bars I get from the Farmer's Market.

And Thanks for the reminder guys! Have to make sure I get some soon before the market closes for the winter!

Talking about soap, does anyone have an easy way to turn leftover, bar soap, bits into new soap bars? I don't mind if it has to sit in a mould for weeks, if that means less effort for me.

Save the net from onions or whatever you happen to get that is packaged in those nylon nets. Sometimes vermicelli is in pink ones, nicer than orange and probably a finer mesh.

Put all your chips in there and tie a knot to close. Great for dirty hands from the garden!

I still have panty hose in a bag, on my back porch. No, I didn't wear it :)lol:), but some ladies would save it for me, to use in my garden, hanging heavy things on trellises.

I have a Bamix Pro with the long shaft, which I've had for about 20 years. It's pricier than most, but it is a workhorse! Never gets hot - not even warm. Plows through anything I ask it to do. The body & shaft are both fully enclosed/sealed, so it's pretty much waterproof. The long shaft lets me use it in a deep pot wwithout any problems. At the time I got it, it was about $100, but I think it's substantially more than that now.

If you want the best, and money is no object, get a Bamix.

Back
Top Bottom