Kitchen "Candy" ~ Or, Look What I Just Got!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, guys! I went back and forth on the color a bit. But when I looked at the "Grenadine Red," I would smile. When I realized that, I knew it had to be that one! Today is a busy day, but I hope to get around to the first batch of doggie dinners in that pot!

Put the new pot to use...OMG! It is wonderful. I need to adjust cooking temps, down...but other than that...and, what did stick a bit, released easy enough by letting it sit to cool down. The doggies dinner making just got a lot easier!

IMG_7785.jpg

IMG_7786.jpg

If one decides to dedicate the wine & drinks bar to coffee and tea, one needs proper equipment. 🤭 Yeah, I was looking for an excuse to buy a Bodum pour-over carafe. And an electric water kettle. And I really did need a new coffee grinder; my not-very-old Capresso grinder suddenly stopped grinding. Unlike the Cuisinart ones, the Capresso doesn't look like it can be fixed by a DIYer.

20240323_202540.jpg20240324_161758.jpg

Careful with that Bodum coffee grinder. I have one. It worked great until the day I accidentally got the burr in at a slightly wrong angle after cleaning it and we can't get it out. One of these days we will bring it to a repair shop.

If one decides to dedicate the wine & drinks bar to coffee and tea, one needs proper equipment. 🤭 Yeah, I was looking for an excuse to buy a Bodum pour-over carafe. And an electric water kettle. And I really did need a new coffee grinder; my not-very-old Capresso grinder suddenly stopped grinding. Unlike the Cuisinart ones, the Capresso doesn't look like it can be fixed by a DIYer.
C048A905-42C5-494D-8DBA-5746CA5DB7B7.jpg

View attachment 68611View attachment 68612
I see room for a proper espresso maker.

We had a Krups one a long time ago, @FrankZ, but it spent many years in the basement before I sold it in our last garage sale a couple years ago. However, if you and @Kathleen ever visit, I would like it if you can train me in the proper operation of a French press. And if you could recommend a good, not very expensive espresso machine, I might be magnanimous and have one on the counter...

We had a Krups one a long time ago, @FrankZ, but it spent many years in the basement before I sold it in our last garage sale a couple years ago. However, if you and @Kathleen ever visit, I would like it if you can train me in the proper operation of a French press. And if you could recommend a good, not very expensive espresso machine, I might be magnanimous and have one on the counter...
I am not sure I am the right person for presses. I like them well enough but I don't use them personally. But I am happy to give em a try!

By expensive do you mean you don't want to spend money or do you mean good espresso is expensive to start with so you just want to be in the middle of the road there? :D

I love coffee made in a French press. The main things I know of is use a coarse grind, and go slow and steady with the pressing motion.

CD

A good French Press needs course grind.
Put your desired amount of course ground coffee into the jug.
Pour over boiling hot water.
Let it sit for about 4 minutes.
Stir.
Let it sit for another two minutes.
Stir again.
Either use a downward pressure or let your guests do it themselves
Pour
Done

I agree that the stirring is important. I skip the second waiting period after the stir. I use a chop stick to stir.

I stir mine when I first add the hot water, but that's it. I didn't know I was supposed to do it again.

On a side note, I have an old-school percolator that I used in my camper. That thing makes some good coffee, too. Most days, I use my Keurig, since I only need to make one cup of coffee. But, every now and then, I break out the French press, and the percolator was great when camping, because I would usually make at least one whole pot in the morning for me and my friends.

CD

Life used to be so much simpler, if you don’t count the cuts from opening the coffee with the little key attached to every can. 🤭😉

My father and his father drank a ridiculous amount of coffee. Dad would switch back and forth between regular coffee and instant decaf. He drank instant Sanka. The very first time I tasted coffee it was Sanka Instant. I had one sip, and wanted nothing to do with coffee for many years.

1711626352173.png

CD:ROFLMAO:

Instant coffee was popular with the old folks in my family too.

I remember them pouring a little boiling water into the empty jar to get every drop.

I think part of it was financial and part of it was that they drank less and hated to make a whole pot.

I still make a pot every day but you might find it in the refrigerator waiting to be reheated in the microwave for an afternoon pick me up.

I probably should switch to some sort of single cup contraption.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom