Salt keepers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have this one and I love it.

I prefer one with a lid so that insects and dust and other things can't get it.

The advantages of a salt cellar is that you have salt handy and you can just grab a pinch when you want.

There is no advantage of olive wood over other types of wood. It is just aesthetics.

I have this same one and I love it. It sits next to my stove on the counter and I fill it with coarse sea salt. I don't use the spoon, I can control the amount of salt going into my food by just scooping it up with my fingers and spreading the salt into the pot. This is one of my " can't do without" gadgets.

Mine did not have the spoon either. I got mine from Altons site as well. I am glad I did not get a spoon with mine though. I would not use it. I like using my fingers.

same here, use fingers. Amazon is cheaper than Alton's. ;)

In the kitchen I use a round cut glass sugar bowl that has a lid, about 4-4.5 inch diameter and about as deep, that I picked up at an estate sale for about 25-cents. I, too, use my fingers so it not having a spoon is a moot point.

I should use one. I have a shaker but always shake into my hand so I can tell how much I'm adding. I think I'll add it to my list.

That's what it is, a cheese shaker. I had a smaller one that you sometimes see with pepper flakes in it but I had to refill it too often.

I just got a Magnum Plus. It sure cranks out a lot of pepper!

The reviews weren't kidding, that's for sure. Like barely 1/4 turn puts out a nice amount. I was dialing it in in my white sink :)

I have a shaker but always shake into my hand so I can tell how much I'm adding.
When I use a shaker I always do that. I have been burned too many times by shakers that pour out too fast. Pouring into your hand you can make sure you get the right amount.

When I use a shaker I always do that. I have been burned too many times by shakers that pour out too fast. Pouring into your hand you can make sure you get the right amount.

Very true. That's why I do it. But why have the shaker if you're going to use the hand anyway? It seems silly now that I think about it.

I bought one of those 3 pack matching container thingys from Linens & Thingys, I think. Large, medium and small. The large one has the coffee, medium has the sugar and the small one has the salt.

I keep the salt next to the pepper, but people STILL put it in their coffee. :unsure:

I have this one and I love it.

I prefer one with a lid so that insects and dust and other things can't get it.

The advantages of a salt cellar is that you have salt handy and you can just grab a pinch when you want.

There is no advantage of olive wood over other types of wood. It is just aesthetics.

That's the same one I have. I love mine too! Keep it right next to the stove filled with Kosher salt.

You know what I love? :ermm: Seriously? :ermm::ermm:
I love when we can all have a good talk and share ideas based on a question by someone on their first post. And we usually never do here whether we helped them or not, but we had a good discussion anyway.
I love that! :-p Seriously! :-p:-p

I think some of the longest posts here have been started by folks who pop in and ask one question.
Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom