Sat. Oct 15 Food plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That bread is beautiful MsM!!

I'm feeling better Dawg, although weak and shakey because of all the meds I think. I'm not a very patient patient. :ermm:Thanks for asking.:flowers:
Thank you Kay. Glad your feeling better. Wish I could send you a bowl of soup and some bread.

I would be terrified to bring dessert to your house!:ROFLMAO:

Have fun!

LOL, that can be a problem, I hate that people feel intimidated. Luckily, these friends and some others are brave souls!

If I would have known they were coming earlier, I would have baked some fresh bread, but since I didn't, Harris Teeter to the rescue!

Sounds like whole lotta ham happening today on this thread ;-). I will add to that..... I am thinking Jambalaya which will allow me to use the last of that inferior ham from the other day, lol! I have some prawns and some andouille and some chicken thighs, that should do it.... protein packed! Maybe coleslaw on the side and some crusty bread.

Grilled (on the BBQ) wild salmon (Yay Costco... it was sooo hard to pass up the boneless short ribs due to the thread here) on a bed of quinoa pilaf and a big old pile of swiss chard/silver beet sauteed with a little garlic and olive oil. Drinking an unoaked NZ Chardonnay.

Hey if I can't go out to dinner, I might as well have date night at home. Happy Saturday night guys!

And the kids are making strawberry muffins with my help.

http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/strawberry-muffins

Last edited:
I ended up making a steak salad from romaine, carrots, onions, tomatoes, blue cheese, croutons, french fries, grilled ribeye and ranch dressing.

chicken pot pie

img_1059388_0_4f0828ba36c8a39ec14ed026860b36e4.jpg

img_1059388_1_ec0defb858c1dd67a5f1b336418c850d.jpg

Vanilla Bean said:
chicken pot pie

Nice, VB! Extra fork please?

Pac, I knew you would do good!

And all you guys with a Costco need to stop it! Right now! Dang, I love Costco. We don't have one.

Last edited:
I ate at Panera Bread for lunch. Got the greek salad and tomato soup. Both were excellent.

I had a bowl of manhattan clam chowder for dinner.

Basically, I took the day off from any serious cooking :ermm:.

I never knew Gumbo or Jambalaya until recently. Made a friend who is from Louisiana and she has been feeding me these things. How could I not have known these things my entire life?

Thank you for these amazing comfort foods. When I first tasted them it was like coming home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom