Sunday, August 20, 2023 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kathleen

Cupcake
We had spaghetti with meat sauce. The sauce was made from farm-fresh tomatoes! What are you serving tonight?

20230820_174900.jpg

:mad: and we all know the cook is never invited to the table!
at least not right away.
Only after the guest of honour has eaten, she may or may not invite the chef, and again, only if, of course, he offers to also do the dishes, give a neck massage, foot massage AND promise to do the laundry/vacuuming, grass cutting for the next week.

Found some fresh cod at Earth Fare for $9 a pound. Got a pound and we had beer battered cod sandwiches with fresh lettuce from the garden and creamy tartar sauce slathered on toasted buns (i froze 1/4 lb for something else).

No pics, too hungry!

i also made fried pickle chips because I had extra batter and I hate waste. Good thing no blood work for another month or i'd be in trouble with my doctor lol!

A crunchy romaine and onion salad with blue cheese dressing and a bowl of this spicy rice.

I didn’t have green pepper or peas so I used minced celery, carrot and frozen corn. I didn’t sweat the vegetables in oil. I put everything directly into the pot, minus the oil, and simmered it covered on low for 13 minutes. Rest covered, off heat, for ten minutes before fluffing and serving.

This is spicy HOT!

I served it with chunky salsa and a dollop of sour cream to balance the heat.

Definitely a keeper! 🐷🐷🐷

A crunchy romaine and onion salad with blue cheese dressing and a bowl of this spicy rice.

I didn’t have green pepper or peas so I used minced celery, carrot and frozen corn. I didn’t sweat the vegetables in oil. I put everything directly into the pot, minus the oil, and simmered it covered on low for 13 minutes. Rest covered, off heat, for ten minutes before fluffing and serving.

This is spicy HOT!

I served it with chunky salsa and a dollop of sour cream to balance the heat.

Definitely a keeper! 🐷🐷🐷
I had never heard of Nando's. I had to look it up.

Looks like a nice recipe!

Cacio e Pepe 🫠
IMG_0090.jpeg

Cook’s Notes:
For a povera dish, my word the guanciale was $$$! And the pecorino romano is always pricey here. I think that since this has become a very on-trend dish in recent years, it really is only “povera” in name. Especially since it has been a few years since I made this meal last.

MrJade was unwell so I had the chance to make this, as he doesn’t like the simplicity of it. He much prefers a big hearty ragu with pasta.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom