Sunday's dinner - 9/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Sunday !
Grilled Rib Eye, Mushrooms in Butter & Chardonnay,
Steamed Sprouts & Radishes, Air-Roasted Baby Spuds...

Rib Eye, Grilled 9-11-22.jpg

Last edited:
Received notice family was going somewhere this afternoon and wouldn't be home for supper. Ran to the freezer and grabbed a chicken breast. It's in the toaster oven with a (probably tooo much) sprinkle of Cajun spice. Also have a premade scalloped potatoes by the same company of Mac n Cheese I just love. Hoping that it is as good as!

For supper tonight, I made meatloaf. I served all of the leftover rice pilaf from the Greek resto order we had on Friday. I also served a some leafy greens, cooked Chinese style. Those were edible, but I won't bother making that again. Even though it was "small bok choy", which should be younger and less bitter, we weren't fond of the bitterness in that dish. There was also some young rainbow chard in the dish, but that usually isn't too bitter for us. We enjoyed the meatloaf enough to nearly finish it off, even though it would be enough for four people.

Meatloaf, rice pilaf, and Greens cooked Chinese style 2.jpg Meatloaf, rice pilaf, and Greens cooked Chinese style.jpg

I'm making a Coconut Chicken soup with Yellow & Green Squish (plural of squash, right?)...and I think I'll toss in some mushrooms that I'll quarter. The soup's flavors will be cooked to blend then, I'll strain the broth and add some Red Curry Paste for a kick. It is my take on a recipe from Wms.-Sonoma. I'm going to heat up some of the l/o coconut rice and we can have that too or in the soup...looking forward to it! I've not made this soup in a few years 'cuz I forgot about it!

Son made smoked brisket on the Traeger. He twice boiled two small spus for me. Everyone else had mashed potatoes. Salad and crusty bread completed the meal. A little bleu cheese dressing, butter, and Lee & Perrin's Worcestershire Sauce were the condiments. Very tasty.:yum:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

taxy, as you know, bok choy comes in so many vari ties and every grocery seems to have several names for the same ones. Drives me crazy!:LOL: But the only ones I've ever had that I could even remotely say were at all bitter, were a medium-large type and they were overgrown to the point of seeding.

So I did have that chicken breast sprinkled with Chili seasoning and yes, I did overseason it... think my gums are still tingling. Nevertheless, delish! So was the scalloped potatoes and my last ear of leftover corn. Yummy all the way.

I'm still feeling "off", so Himself grilled tube steaks tonight. I nuked an ear of corn and mixed it with halved grape, and heated a can of baked beans. Not fancy, but tasty.

Grilled Picanha, Smoked Paprika and Scallion Butter

Fresh Sweet Corn, Brown Butter

Everything is better with butter LOL

Attachments

• F0E6481A-9DA8-4837-BEA4-6670B6769AE0.jpg
    F0E6481A-9DA8-4837-BEA4-6670B6769AE0.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4
i'm making a coconut chicken soup with yellow & green squish (plural of squash, right?)...and i think i'll toss in some mushrooms that i'll quarter. The soup's flavors will be cooked to blend then, i'll strain the broth and add some red curry paste for a kick. It is my take on a recipe from wms.-sonoma. I'm going to heat up some of the l/o coconut rice and we can have that too or in the soup...looking forward to it! I've not made this soup in a few years 'cuz i forgot about it!

IMG_6696.jpg

Back
Top Bottom