Today's lunch or dinner - Tuesday 28th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really sounds great! Love truffles (in moderation).
But what was the carrying 'sauce'. Just oil or butter on the pasta with the truffles shaved over?

Really sounds great! Love truffles (in moderation).
But what was the carrying 'sauce'. Just oil or butter on the pasta with the truffles shaved over?

Strictly butter, no olive oil. I used about 80/90g for 500g of fresh tagliolini.

Just melt butter in a pan, grate (or cut thinly) truffle onto it, doesn't need to actually cook. Add salt. Then add a little pasta water. After draining, toss with lots of freshly grated parmesan.

Forgot to tell you about the "truffled" fried egg.

Five days ago, I had left the truffle wrapped in kitchen paper, placed in a glass jar (tightly closed) containing five whole eggs, in the fridge.
The egg shells, being porous, absorbed the truffle aroma and that's how I got my truffle-flavored eggs. 😊🥚

We're having air fried french 'fries' with ketchup, creamed peas for a side, for lunch.
Dinner, meal sized salads, dressing choices, tomato or ranch (pumpkin seed base).
Dessert: dark chocolate chip dried cherry black bean brownies.

repeat from last night, although I did not see a thread here for that.

sauteed steaks with bok choy, coleslaw and zucchini mashed potatoes.

Feeling a bit guilty about last nights supper and that roasted chicken is good for several meals. (I'll have to portion some for the freezr)
So - had not had mashed potatoes for donkey's years and decided that was best with the gravy.
Glass lid - middle top - mashed potatoes done first.
Metal lid - left side - brussels and carrots, 2nd round
then gravy - right side - stock in the glass jar, flour for the rue. Only the one burner so each done one at a time.
20231128_172134.jpg

Chicken plated and zapped in the micro to take off the chill and then all is plated.
20231128_173158.jpg

Almost forgot to breath while eating. Happy tummy!

Ww had cremini mushrooms and meatballs in tomato sauce over penne pasta with fresh herbs and grated parmesan cheese.

@dragnlaw, maybe ask Santa for a double-burner?

We enjoyed another meal kit. Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy, Mashed Taters and Peas. DH is a sucker for any kind of ground beef "steak" dinners. Comfort food at its finest! Over the years, I've tried a number of different Salisbury Steak recipes and I must say that this one is one of the easiest, yet enjoyable I've ever made. A good meal, I told DH, kind of "fancy" for a Tuesday...LOL.

IMG_7789.jpg

Aargh! Just found this below the thread, waiting to be posted.

We are planning on leftovers.
And that's what we had. It was the second half of the Danish Mock Hare, aka bacon wrapped pork meatloaf, rødkål (Danish style sweet and sour red cabbage), pickled beets, and potatoes, which weren't leftovers. I was planning on making gravy, but no spoons for that. I don't really call the rødkål leftovers. I make a batch with the intention of having it for a number of meals. We finished off the beets, so I'll have to make some more. We both got our Covid boosters and our flu shots this afternoon. I'm blaming that for the lack of spoons.

I did seriously think about it Ginny, thanks. Too many other issues to go for it. I'll just muddle along. LOL So far I've done pretty good.

Feeling a bit guilty about last nights supper and that roasted chicken is good for several meals. (I'll have to portion some for the freezr)
So - had not had mashed potatoes for donkey's years and decided that was best with the gravy.
Glass lid - middle top - mashed potatoes done first.
Metal lid - left side - brussels and carrots, 2nd round
then gravy - right side - stock in the glass jar, flour for the rue. Only the one burner so each done one at a time.
View attachment 67022

Chicken plated and zapped in the micro to take off the chill and then all is plated.
View attachment 67023
Almost forgot to breath while eating. Happy tummy!
Are those wine corks under the pot lid handles? I've never seen that before. What are they for?

My DIL has one she keeps by the stove on the spoon rest. When I use her kitchen I use it, very handy -

So I guess it's habit, I like I don't have to remember to grab it when I need to be real quick about taking a lid off. Corks are stable and always there, they don't move/slide around with any moisture that floats up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom