Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - Dinner or Supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Arbi Ki Sabji (Indian Dry Taro Curry)

Attachments

• Arbi Ki Sabji (Indian Dry Taro Curry).png
    Arbi Ki Sabji (Indian Dry Taro Curry).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
This afternoon I took a taxi to pick up groceries. Oh dear, that was exhausting. They brought them out to the taxi, but I had to go to the customer service counter to make sure I was paying for the groceries with points and not my credit card. There were barriers to force you to walk through the store to get to the customer service desk. It was frustrating and far more walking than I had planned for. Turns out they won't let me pay for the wine with points. Almost nothing was like the FAQ. Oh well, I won't be ordering from them again for a while and it will for delivery. Anyhoo, I was exhausted when I got home and even more so after dealing with those groceries. So, we ordered burgers. We each got a Caesar salad instead of fries (small surcharge). It was pretty good. I'm still exhausted.

Please tell us more.
Basically, I follow this blog (vegan) and the person is heavily influenced by Asian cuisines ( Indian, Indonesian, Malaysian ...). He does a lot of other stuff too, but the main focus is on those kinds of cuisines ( He actually had restaurant and a food truck in NYC until covid, and now chose to do this instead). What I like most is many of the ingredients he uses are things I never used before. It's a little bit of a scavenger hunt to try and find them, but it kinda adds to the excitement ( and sometimes frustration).

The Taro dish was more basic than many of the others. Most of the ingredients are not too hard to find, and may even be on hand if you cook a lot of Indian food. Taro peeled , cut up and fried, then cooked in and Indian spiced/ tomato based curry sauce. Some of the seasonings are ajwain seeds, cumin seeds , coriander powder, amchur powder, asafetida, Kashmiri red Chiki powder, cilantro.

I usually cook a few dishes from him a week to broaden my culinary experiences and increase my knowledge on unique ( to me) ingredients. Full disclosure, I'm actually a recipe tester for the blog, so I get to try the recipes out ahead of time, give feedback before they are published. I used to go to his restaurant and food truck when they were in business. I also took a bunch of online classes from him ( over the years). So he contacted me ( and a few others ) to join his recipe testing team.

I found chuck roast on sale for about 1/2 off! Couldn't resist. Made Chili Colorado for burritos...and I will say they were wonderful! DH says they are better than our favorite L.A. burritos. I think he may be right, but then, it has been a long time since our L.A. days. There's enough leftover for a couple more meals...so, into the freezer it will go!

I found chuck roast on sale for about 1/2 off! Couldn't resist. Made Chili Colorado for burritos...and I will say they were wonderful! DH says they are better than our favorite L.A. burritos. I think he may be right, but then, it has been a long time since our L.A. days. There's enough leftover for a couple more meals...so, into the freezer it will go!
Please post your recipe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom